Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Sabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Dave,
We too are a recently arrived couple (Brizzy chick with English boy). Will be good for Glyn to meet another guy in the same boat as him.
See you Sunday!

Sabby
Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:22 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Dave & May, heres the run down .

OK heres the latest count for the Dec meetup at Wynumm, 14th Dec from 11am onwards. Have I forgotten anyone?

So far we have -

Dagboys - Mr, Mrs +2kids
Polly & the Bloke
Cookies - Mr, Mrs +4kids
dobbo - Mrs + family
Prestons - Mr, Mrs & kids
rachels - Mr & Mrs
Anthony & Zoe
Ev'n'John - Mr & Mrs +2 kids
Liz and Mark +2 kids
dmf - Mr & Mrs +2 kids
PADDAD - Diana, Patrick +2 kids
KarenVirginia- Karen+Alan
Anne & Stuart +2 kids
Ian & Georgina +1 kid
Sabby & Glyn
Terry & Hazel + kids
MaryB - Mr Mrs +1 kid
ABCDiamond
Windsordave - Dave & May

Very Probable

jwatsonoz - Jason & Catja

Possibles

gbarker
Foggies
doub - Mark, Rachael & kids
MissM
Cresta57 - Sean & Deb

Dont be shy, we dont bite ...... well not hard anyway .

Boy, thats alot of people!
Anyone else?

Im planning on bringing salads for all, can everyone please bring their own meat, drinks & breadrolls. And chairs if you have any!!!! I think we are going to be struggling for somewhere to sit otherwise. And I will bring some nametags, so we can work out who is who since there are so many

Also bring along swimmers/sunscreen/insect repellent. We were down there on Thursday, seems that they have finished the renovations on the pool (tidal saltwater), we're heading off down there this afternoon to test it out
Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:47 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs D, perhaps you could get a huge St George Cross to fly so everyone knows where you are all at.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:56 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
Mrs D, perhaps you could get a huge St George Cross to fly so everyone knows where you are all at.
then I might have to act like a rugby supporter! :scared:
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Whilst you are all meeting do the nude calendar. Let the natives think poms are totally off their rockers.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:19 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Could go down a storm in the UK given their obsession with "DIY Get a New Extreme Makeover in Burke's Backyard Downunder" type shows...I feel a film coming on, Julie Walters as Mrs D, Dame Judie as Pollyanna...
Old Dec 10th 2003, 10:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Dagboy wants to know if he can be played by Hugh Grant LOL
Old Dec 12th 2003, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Possible Brisbane Meet????

Hi to everyone going to the meet just to say our friend who we are staying with will be coming with us ( hope thats ok )
she has been here 24 years from milton keynes.

Anyway see everyone there.

Apart from meat/ rolls / and drinks is there anything else required
more salad etc ???????

Let us know

Liz and Mark
Old Dec 12th 2003, 10:50 pm
Rocket Scientist

Default Re: Possible Brisbane Meet????

Originally posted by liz and mark
Hi to everyone going to the meet just to say our friend who we are staying with will be coming with us ( hope thats ok )
she has been here 24 years from milton keynes.

Anyway see everyone there.

Apart from meat/ rolls / and drinks is there anything else required
more salad etc ???????

Let us know

Liz and Mark
Chairs please guys if you can manage to bring any ..... Im paranoid that we will all end up trying to eat steak off paper plates while we are standing up :scared: . We need chairs!

As for the salads, I was just planning on buying/making a green salad, some potato salad, coleslaw, cold boiled eggs & grated cheese - enough for everyone. If you can think of anything else or want to take one of those things off my list (except the eggs, Im trying to get rid of them LOL), just let me know .

PS. your friends are more than welcome to come along

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Dec 12th 2003 at 10:55 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:38 pm
WBB

is anyone going to post any pics here for the rest of us to look at?

go go, you know you want to.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you want to see pics of Poms enjoying themselves on a beach in the sun.......might be an unrealistic picture and not portray how tough life really is over here....!!! You will have to view any photos with the famous rose-tinted specs!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:05 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Yes please - lots of piccies!!!

Sounds like you are all going to have great time - I am almost wishing we were moving to Brissy and not NZ just so we can join in!!

Raise a beer for all of us waiting to leave - and we will raise one for all of you who have taken the plunge!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:12 am
Rocket Scientist

No pics of me, wouldnt want to break anyones camera .
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:18 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

After you lot nicked all the gear from the shop the other day I bet there will be pictures. Be careful the kids don't see you.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:42 am
Just Joined

karenmck_98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Sorry for the late notice but is it okay if I come along with my husband and two kids?
Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.