Port Pirie

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Port Pirie

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Can I ask why are you going there? and where do you live now? Sorry to be so frank, but I have visited and there and there were virtually tumbleweeds blowing down the main street! I couldn't wait to get out! It was Saturday afternoon and I struggled to find somewhere to get a coffee... found Cafe Primo in the end (which was empty)

It is very isolated, as country places in SA tend to be... but maybe thats what you are looking for?
MY OH has been offered a job with sponorship nearby.

We live a 30 minute drive from Sheffield now in a village with 4 pubs, a post office, park and a local shop - so I suppose we are used to the country bumpkin life
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burkins
MY OH has been offered a job with sponorship nearby.

We live a 30 minute drive from Sheffield now in a village with 4 pubs, a post office, park and a local shop - so I suppose we are used to the country bumpkin life
Drove through there once & stopped at a nice picnic spot - though realised why no-one else was enjoying the scenery when we cracked open the esky for lunch...........flies, flies, bloody millions of them! Very dusty place too. Sorry cant be more helpful, try e-mailing some of the local schools for information if you have kids as that might help you decide on if the area will suit your needs.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Only those born and bred I reckon, or country types
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

I don't think there is anyone out there that lives in Port Pirie!
Old May 27th 2008, 7:14 pm

Swheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

We have been looking at Port Pirie, dosent sound that great at the moment cant imagine why looks ok to me, What does your OH do and who are you hoping to go and work for., do you have a family. Sorry all the questions....just nosey i guess.....