Wikiposts

Port Pirie

Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about
Default Port Pirie

Anyone heading for Port Pirie area?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Port Pirie

Originally Posted by Burkins
http://www.pirie.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm
Very industrial area, 220km north of Adelaide, but an easy 2.5 hr drive.
Housing still very affordable....easy access to the Flinders ranges and its national parks, Great fishing in the Spencer gulf........home to a very large lead smelter seems to be plenty of work..................mm
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Yes I have read all that from the internet.

Just wanted someone's view who has actually been - although it looks like there isn't anyone out there!!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted someone's view who has actually been - although it looks like there isn't anyone out there!!!
I went there in 1981. I joined the Indian Pacific to Perth at Port Pirie. Can only remember that they had extremely tall TV aerials on all the houses.

Sorry can't be more helpful.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:58 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I have been there lots of times ,as we move people in and out of the place, but i have not lived there........mm
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Does that mean you wouldn't live there?

Can you tell me anything about schools, parks, shops etc???
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:37 pm
Banned

Does that mean you wouldn't live there?

Can you tell me anything about schools, parks, shops etc???
Lots of Australians ,live there they have lots of schools [both public and private ] they have a main street type shopping precinct ,with a 24 hour woolworths super market [due to the shift work at the smelters]. The best areas to live are south of the city ,by the golf course as the locals reckon the smelter out put[smoke] always flows to the north east. ........mm
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr mover
Lots of Australians ,live there they have lots of schools [both public and private ] they have a main street type shopping precinct ,with a 24 hour woolworths super market [due to the shift work at the smelters]. The best areas to live are south of the city ,by the golf course as the locals reckon the smelter out put[smoke] always flows to the north east. ........mm

Thanks!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up about 60 miles from Port Pirie and all I can think is why on earth would you want to live there unless you are being paid a bucket load of money? Nothing would inspire me to go near the place on a full time basis.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Why??!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

I would not live there, not unless you are use to the country bumkin life style, was there at christmas.
Big no no , nothing there , hence cheep housing, guess what that attracts.
And as for port Augusta, WELL
I think in most cases you have to be born & bread there to be accepted.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Can I ask why are you going there? and where do you live now? Sorry to be so frank, but I have visited and there and there were virtually tumbleweeds blowing down the main street! I couldn't wait to get out! It was Saturday afternoon and I struggled to find somewhere to get a coffee... found Cafe Primo in the end (which was empty)

It is very isolated, as country places in SA tend to be... but maybe thats what you are looking for?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Can I ask why are you going there? and where do you live now? Sorry to be so frank, but I have visited and there and there were virtually tumbleweeds blowing down the main street! I couldn't wait to get out! It was Saturday afternoon and I struggled to find somewhere to get a coffee... found Cafe Primo in the end (which was empty)

It is very isolated, as country places in SA tend to be... but maybe thats what you are looking for?
Most people in pirie ,would on a sat afternoon be at the footy ,netball, cricket or just out fishing not exactly your caffe latte set.
.................mm
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by milly123
I would not live there, not unless you are use to the country bumkin life style, was there at christmas.
Big no no , nothing there , hence cheep housing, guess what that attracts.
And as for port Augusta, WELL
I think in most cases you have to be born & bread there to be accepted.
No cheap housing in port augusta any more , the Roxby downs mine expansion has taken care of that, with miners buying up the cheap houses and commuting to Roxby for their Tours [shifts] most work 10 on 7 off........mm
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr mover
I have been there lots of times ,as we move people in and out of the place, but i have not lived there........mm
The people you have moved in and out, has anyone ever stayed?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.