Port Kennedy WA

Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:55 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Port Kennedy WA

Anyone from Port Kennedy.

Looking at houses around Port Kennedy, from the location maps looks like it is set back from the beach.
Is that a reserve between the built up area and the beach or is it to be developed?
Found a link to a development agency looking for developers to build a marina and hotel. Is this planned for this green space?

Thanks
Kevin
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:54 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Port Kennedy WA

Anybody in the Port Kennedy areas about today.

Thanks

Kevin
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:18 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevinl
Anybody in the Port Kennedy areas about today.

Thanks

Kevin
hi there, we are moving there friday week, have just bought house there.Yes it is on the beach and well,it is actually split into 2, beachside and not-beachside, there is a road that goes right down through it- to get from rockingham to secret harbour (warnboro sound avenue) there is a large golf course -Port Kennedy Golf club and an even larger area called the Scientific Park I am sure that there is no building planned for either of those 2 areas though there has been talk of a marina or something but as far as I know that would be much further down and it is still undecided according to the rellies there. hope this helps
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:05 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone from Port Kennedy.

Looking at houses around Port Kennedy, from the location maps looks like it is set back from the beach.
Is that a reserve between the built up area and the beach or is it to be developed?
Found a link to a development agency looking for developers to build a marina and hotel. Is this planned for this green space?

Thanks
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

We're in Port Kennedy. We are renting at the southern end, and the houses are roughly 1km from the beach. Port Kennedy Drive carries on down to the end of the bay and there is the Kennedy Resort down there - some nice-looking houses going up at a whopping price, at a guess. I would think that area is still seriously under development. To the left of that is the Science Park - there won't be any building there as the land is protected.

The more established part of Port Kennedy is nearer to the beach - several of the residential roads run down to the breakwater and end in car parks with walking access to the beach. The southern part of the beach is dog-free, but they can run free further up. We originally planned to rent in Secret Harbour, but abandoned the idea when we couldn't find a rental that would accept our dog. But having said that, we prefer the beach at Port Kennedy as we feel it's a more child-friendly beach. SH is a *good for the soul* beach, but quite wild, imho, and with a steep drop-off. PK is a more gentle slope and far better for kids. Imho....

HTH.

Sue

Last edited by Bella Donna; Nov 30th 2005 at 12:08 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:36 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I have lived in Port Kennedy for just over 2 yrs.......love it!!!
pm me if you want to know any specifics
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:00 pm
Never been to Australia

Originally Posted by yvsie
Hi,
I have lived in Port Kennedy for just over 2 yrs.......love it!!!
pm me if you want to know any specifics
Thanks everyone,
Port Kennedy looks pretty good, houses in our price, space to ride the bikes and go for walks, easy access to the beach.
Only thing not sure about is schools, would prefer to be able to walk to school.
Schools will be our priority when we get out in January as we haven't sorted anything yet as we are still unsure exactly where we are going.

Kevin
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:07 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone,
Port Kennedy looks pretty good, houses in our price, space to ride the bikes and go for walks, easy access to the beach.
Only thing not sure about is schools, would prefer to be able to walk to school.
Schools will be our priority when we get out in January as we haven't sorted anything yet as we are still unsure exactly where we are going.

Kevin
Our dd is at Endeavour and she adores it there. She's only been there two and a half weeks - and one of those she was off with a heavy cold - but she loves it more than she ever loved her school in the UK. That's not hard as she was bullied there, but I must admit, this one seems fantastic. Hope it lasts!

Sue