Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Popular / High Demand Jobs in Australia

Popular / High Demand Jobs in Australia

Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:14 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Popular / High Demand Jobs in Australia

Originally Posted by Weebie
Australia is for professionals who obviously couldn't make it in "real" markets overseas but with the high incomes still feel that they are reasonable successful.

I highly doubt that anyone from Imperial Collage with an engineering degree has set foot in Australia with the intention of seeking employment. You've seen a lot of resumes though perhaps you can prove me wrong?

If I had an engineering degree from Imperial I would probably regard Gorgon as a poor man second rate project and I wouldn't be wasting my time out in country Western Australia shithole when I could earn more money and work on better projects in far supieror markets.
Not sure where you got that from.

For mining, I'd assume the Royal School of Mines grads would be looking favourably at Oz. Similarly engineers of a civil and mechanical bent where there is a lot of infrastructure work. I'm a grad from the science end of Imperial, and I'm here, as are others I know. The only thing I would say is the type of conventional employment in Oz tends to be less high tech than other countries, but even in that area there pockets where they are trying (eg biotech).

As for being those who couldn't make it in 'real' markets - there are many more reasons for thinking this is a better place to be, going forward, than the US or Europe. I'd tend to assume that its those that haven't seen the writing on the wall that are still in Europe, probably twiddling thumbs with the lack of investment going on....