Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Old May 15th 2005, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

He can't find any radio station on the net that allows you to listen to live commentary of last day of premiership outside the UK.........alas he is a Southampton supporter and it could mean relegation after 27 years...................(and we don't have foxtel......even worse), so you can imagine what a grumps I'm going to be living with this week....if IT happens
Old May 15th 2005, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Originally Posted by Swifts
He can't find any radio station on the net that allows you to listen to live commentary of last day of premiership outside the UK.........alas he is a Southampton supporter and it could mean relegation after 27 years...................(and we don't have foxtel......even worse), so you can imagine what a grumps I'm going to be living with this week....if IT happens
I do have foxtel, and I'm an Arsenal fan, so always keen to see Man U get whipped. Unfortunately I would give you running commentary on this thread, but I'm off to bed.

If its any consolation to Hubby, Mark Lawrenson reckons Southampton will will win 2-1.

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 15th 2005, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I do have foxtel, and I'm an Arsenal fan, so always keen to see Man U get whipped. Unfortunately I would give you running commentary on this thread, but I'm off to bed.

If its any consolation to Hubby, Mark Lawrenson reckons Southampton will will win 2-1.

Cheers,
JTL
Southampton 1 - 0 Man Utd L
N Quashie 10

Woooo hoooo come on the Saints
JTL
Old May 15th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Southampton 1 - 0 Man Utd L
N Quashie 10

Woooo hoooo come on the Saints
JTL
Thanks!!!!!! but they have just equalised
Old May 15th 2005, 2:24 pm
Merlot

1-1 :d

Old May 15th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Merlot
1-1 :d

ta, he just got text with last result but please keep it coming...I'm on my second bottle
Old May 15th 2005, 2:40 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Swifts
ta, he just got text with last result but please keep it coming...I'm on my second bottle
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/livesco...esh=45&cc=5739

I am watching on here as my other half is a Man U fan (he is was born in Manchester and went to games since 1975 - a rare bred hey!).

He is away today and the video has been set up to tape the game from Sky, so I am sat here bloody bored (men and piggin football).

I am looking at the Soccernet site above to see what mood he will be in later tonight. They do a minute by minute commentary, not vocal - written but helpful.

I'll keep ya posted as long as I am logged on.

M

Old May 15th 2005, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Merlot
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/livesco...esh=45&cc=5739

I am watching on here as my other half is a Man U fan (he is was born in Manchester and went to games since 1975 - a rare bred hey!).

He is away today and the video has been set up to tape the game from Sky, so I am sat here bloody bored (men and piggin football).

I am looking at the Soccernet site above to see what mood he will be in later tonight. They do a minute by minute commentary, not vocal - written but helpful.

I'll keep ya posted as long as I am logged on.

M
The BBC site is a bit screwed up. Its saying its 1-0 to Southampton, and then lists the goals scorers for Southampton and ManU

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...xt/default.stm

JTL
Old May 15th 2005, 3:04 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Try this it's a live video printer

http://score.planetfootball.com/
Old May 15th 2005, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fraser
Try this it's a live video printer

http://score.planetfootball.com/
Ahhh man! I remember having that on my PC every Saturday afternoon, whilst I was doing other things.

Thats about the first thing I've seen thats made me homesick

JTL
Old May 15th 2005, 3:09 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh man! I remember having that on my PC every Saturday afternoon, whilst I was doing other things.

JTL
Did you forget about it?
Old May 15th 2005, 3:10 pm
Merlot

The BBC site is a bit screwed up. Its saying its 1-0 to Southampton, and then lists the goals scorers for Southampton and ManU

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...xt/default.stm

JTL
Rather odd hey???

To be honest I hope Utd do Southampton a favour and let them win, they certainly have no hope of finishing higher than 3rd this season and next season they probably will be called Manchester Red & Black Sox, with cheer leaders!

M

Old May 15th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent, thanks....got them all going!!!!
Old May 15th 2005, 3:12 pm
Merlot

JTL
All I can say is men and balls!!!

Old May 15th 2005, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fraser
Did you forget about it?
Yeah, but its all coming back now!!

Watching Jeff and the boys, the daft banter, all that.

I knew I was lucky here, cos I could actually *watch* the match, not just George Bests face telling me what was happening as he watched the match.

But yeah, spooky, its just made me realise the first thng I miss about the UK.

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.