Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Old May 15th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Originally Posted by Bordy
I bet its an own goal to.

shame Man Utd couldn't have done a few more!!!!
Old May 15th 2005, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

ahhh thanks guys for your support tonight, hubbie very quietly gone to bed, bless him, gutted and sure the phone calls back to Southampton in the week will be same too.........can imagine that you can't hear a pin drop in the stadium at the moment!!!
Old May 15th 2005, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Poor hubbie, can't listen to the football!!!

Why dont you try FLTV for a £5 you can watch football on PC! Its great. just watched Newcastle v Chelsea. not sure what the other match was, but there are usually 2 on each w/e and all the relegation matches are being shown later this evening well 2000 Uk time. All you need is a 512 connection and down load the software off the site and away you go.
Old May 15th 2005, 4:26 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

So sorry to hear about you're relegation Saints lets hope it doesn't take you 27 years to get back up to the Premiership
Come on you Baggies!!

Looks like I'll be watching you play the mighty Leeds in the Championship next season then.

Again, commiserations.......
Old May 15th 2005, 6:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
If its any consolation to Hubby, Mark Lawrenson reckons Southampton will will win 2-1.
And there was the kiss of death.
Old May 15th 2005, 10:13 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Sorry about your hubby Swifts but Connolly's going to be boinging for quite a while!
I'd almost have traded Oz for West Brom last night, but I'll settle for being here listening to the rain with a grin on my face!
Old May 15th 2005, 10:59 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swifts
ahhh thanks guys for your support tonight, hubbie very quietly gone to bed, bless him, gutted and sure the phone calls back to Southampton in the week will be same too.........can imagine that you can't hear a pin drop in the stadium at the moment!!!
I am gutted, woke up this morning..its my brithday( I am from Southampton) and first question I asked was... are they down? luckily husband got me a good pressie

spalens wife
Old May 15th 2005, 11:07 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

For future reference, this site is excellent, and miles quicker with the dcore updates than the BBC site. http://www.livescore.com
Old May 15th 2005, 11:17 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
For future reference, this site is excellent, and miles quicker with the dcore updates than the BBC site. http://www.livescore.com
dont need it now they are down...thanks anyway
Old May 15th 2005, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, all the premier league, and "all" of the championship leauge (fizzy pop league) and some of the 1st division clubs, broadcast their own games live via the Net, Palace have been doing this with more than one commentary coming out these days, for at least 6 years.

Gutted, I blame Portsmouth.

Your husband needs to look on the Southampton home page, and click on links.

Next season, go to the away team that they play, all of those will have a feed, so it stands to reason that Southampton would have to.

I'm just trying to work out which two teams are coming back up with us next season
Old May 15th 2005, 1:50 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I'm just trying to work out which two teams are coming back up with us next season
And there's the kiss of death for Saints next season! It's a First division tradition that EVERY team that gets relegated from the Premiership thinks that they'll go straight back up! The fans of West Ham, Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Coventry etc are quietly muttering now...

Cheers

GLR
(long suffering Watford fan)
Old May 15th 2005, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLR
And there's the kiss of death for Saints next season! It's a First division tradition that EVERY team that gets relegated from the Premiership thinks that they'll go straight back up! The fans of West Ham, Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Coventry etc are quietly muttering now...

Cheers

GLR
(long suffering Watford fan)
Except for one thing, We've been through this more times than any team in the country !

This hurts, but Dowie has put a new word in the dictionary in England, 'bouncebackability'. Palace fans and more importantly the club know exactly how difficult next season will be. all top four in the div 1 playoffs, would have probably beaten the bottom 4 in the premier league, just on momentum. If and its a big If, Palace hang on to Dowie, Ventola, and AJ, and that beleive it or not is the order of importance, They will almost certainly be in next years playoffs. Twas a shame that Ventola spent the season on the bench. Besides this self abuse I'm peforming in public, thought I'd head back to the thread.

This season most, games were available by the net, through a site called soccerstreams.com, I've just checked and it's down for now, however most games are covered by this live, with video streaming everyweek (admittedly one needs a 1.5 mbs connection) , As long as there is a camera at the ground, Soccer streams manages to get a link to it. They are only collating what is available out there already. Check with your Clubs supporters homepages for details of where you can 'watch' if not listen on the net.
Old May 15th 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spalen
I am gutted, woke up this morning..its my brithday( I am from Southampton) and first question I asked was... are they down? luckily husband got me a good pressie

spalens wife

Happy birthday fellow saints supporter!!! whereabouts are you from in Southampton?? We'll be back up next season .......anyone else from Sunny Southampton????

Yes bal56 we could hear the Connolly screams of delight up here in Butler!! congrats to your team and thanks everyone for all the details on how to keep up with the games

Teresa
Old May 15th 2005, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A couple of tips, to newcomers to the fizzy pop league, One must not beat Millwall home and away, as they tend to get annoyed and take your ground home with them

Brighton are going to cream themselves as the prospect of having 'new' local rivals, possibliy Gillingham may feel this way as well, so after Palace take their 12 point start of their lesser rivals in these two teams, they are probably going to take compensation out on the south coast.

Do not focus on teams like Leeds, West Ham, Ipswich, etc they will be just as worried about you as you them, The danger lies with smaller clubs scalp hunting.

One of the new arrivals from the 1st Division will be the Early danger team.

There you go, Welcome to the Fizzy pop league.
Old May 15th 2005, 4:56 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Swifts
Happy birthday fellow saints supporter!!! whereabouts are you from in Southampton?? We'll be back up next season .......anyone else from Sunny Southampton????

Yes bal56 we could hear the Connolly screams of delight up here in Butler!! congrats to your team and thanks everyone for all the details on how to keep up with the games

Teresa
Hi Teresa,

Thanks, had a great day so far! We were in Hedge End, but originally come from the other side of the water..what about you?

spalens wife

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.