Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pool fencing regs apply to spas?

Pool fencing regs apply to spas?

Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pool fencing regs apply to spas?

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Damn right. A child is for life not just for Christmas.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:54 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thats fine for a short holiday or a trip to the beach but can you watch then 24 hours a day 365 days a week.
You only have to turn your head for 10mins for them to drown.

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My opinion is if you have little kids then you watch them!!!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
Thats fine for a short holiday or a trip to the beach but can you watch then 24 hours a day 365 days a week.
You only have to turn your head for 10mins for them to drown.
It's called 'the responsibility of being a parent'.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:25 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Pool fencing has nothing to do with saving lives. It has everything to do with industry creation.

Council has to approve the plans generating fee income.
People have to make the fences, they pay taxes.
The fences have to be sold to customers generating a gst payment.
The fences have to be installed consuming other materials and labour which also generate taxes.
The fences have to be inspected by licensed pool fence inspectors, who pay taxes.
The licensed pool fencing inspectors have to be trained by trainers who pay taxes.
The trainers have to be trained by trainer trainers, who pay taxes.
People who flout the rules have to pay fines.
Etc.

This is about legislating to earn revenue. It's the way things work in our world. I'm surprised so few people realise this.

I nearly broke my neck the other day when the smoke alarm started low battery beeping in the middle of the night when I'd had a few wines before retiring. I wonder if more people are saved by smoke alarms than are killed by them.

If you don't want your child to drown, teach it to swim.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:36 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We used to take our boys to Spain every year for holidays, none of their pools are fenced off. The kids were my responsibility to look out for!!
Agreed.... but in my daughter's school community we had a tragic death when a 19-month-old crawled out her family house's dog door and got into the hottub (as we call it) and drowned.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:04 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

So don't bother with your seat belt becuase it's your responsibility not to crash

Or do accidents happen.
Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
It's called 'the responsibility of being a parent'.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
So don't bother with your seat belt becuase it's your responsibility not to crash

Or do accidents happen.
What's that got to do with looking after your kids?