Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poms night Perth

Poms night Perth

Old May 27th 2019, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Jonnywc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Poms night Perth

New member . Just found a couple of likely lads on google who used to go to poms night in Perth . I remember those nights ., well not all of them . But there really was a poms night every week . My travel partner has no recollection of the broadway tavern at all . Was beginning to worry for my sanity till I found others that used to attend these nights . Can’t remember why I went there but we go quite often . The only thing I really remember was splitting the room
in two at end of night . Turning the tables on side as barriers and chuckling beer and cans at each other . But the bizarre thing is I don’t remember there ever being a fight inside or outside. Strange evenings indeed .
If anyone was in Perth 80-82 would love to catch up .
There were some pretty extraordinary things going on . Not going to name names coz we were definitely helped to get on our feet as new arrivals with just 5 bucks . A modern day lady fagin accosted us in the shopping mall . She had loads of young lads within
her control . She didn’t need to do what she did but I guess the English pub she and her husband built in back garden and where we invited for a proper English roast must have been covered by her cohorts . We took a different route and she sorted us with a legit job in a day.
Anyone remember her . Don’t name names