Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pommies Beware!! Pls Read This

Pommies Beware!! Pls Read This

Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:12 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Arrow In South Africa they would have shot you dead !!

Sorry to hear that sad news.

Crime it seems is a global disease that upstanding citizens need to stand up & stamp out. Citizens should be putting pressure on idiotic politicians that do not have their feet on the ground when it comes to REAL life.

Not to lighten the blow - but - two weeks agao a 22 year old girl was SHOT DEAD at point blank range for her mobile phone here in Jo'burg.What a waste of life & severe inhuman act. No-one has been caught and invistigations are going nowhere. Just another day in South Africa !!!

THe worrying thing is that South AFrica is putting a great deal of energy at this moment into the FIFA World Cup Bid for 2010 and I wonder if they pull it off what will be put in place to PROTECT innocent fans & tourists from thses barbaric parasites that will kill for such small items that they will sell on the stolen goods for almost the price of a few beers. VERY SAD. WHO IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ?? Is there anyone in FIFA that cares ?? Do they consider the dire crime here to offer hosting a huge global event when we can not even protect the current population from GANGSTERS who just get away.

We are busy checking our options to get outta here. Yet, another beautiful country going to the dogs with crime & drugs & serious corruption. I must confess that I was very surprised at the lady's comment who visited Aus & siad it was totally different to the Sitcom she saw.

Some free advise.
If you do not enjoy crime - SA IS NOT THE PLACE TO CONSIDER. If you doubt what I say, log on to any of the Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban newspaper sites & see for yourself. A sinking ship ???

Hope you family are over the trauma of the situation.
Campbell.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:24 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

a bloke at work used to live in sa and that was one of the reasons he and his family came back. he said of one time they had all been out for a meal and 2 black guys held them up with a knife and took there wallets, this was in fron of his kids too.

THEY JUST DONT CARE!

getting back to the car break in, i have a crappy mk 2 golf rust bucket which just isnt worth stealing but some kids still gave it a try and pulled all the door skin back to try and open it with a coat hanger or something. they failed in there attemps to break in but oppotunists strike anywhere anytime.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:02 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by denhim
getting back to the car break in, i have a crappy mk 2 golf rust bucket which just isnt worth stealing but some kids still gave it a try and pulled all the door skin back to try and open it with a coat hanger or something. they failed in there attemps to break in but oppotunists strike anywhere anytime.
About 6 months ago some kids (or i assume they were) broke into my car to nick the radio. When they could'nt get it out they just smashed up the whole interior Little sods...
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:19 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Stoney
Things I Have learnt from this forum about Australia

1. Hot in Summer

2. Cold in winter

3. It rains

4. You still have to clean house

5. Bigger garden means more work

6. There is crime (still cant believe that one)

7. There is lots of sand

And just think Stoney, you've learnt all that lot since 10th March.