question

Old Jun 22nd 2003, 6:49 pm
J&K
Forum Regular

J&K is an unknown quantity at this point
Question question

Hi there,

Going for my xray and medical on Tuesday and just did a search to get all info to be well prepared.

I was wondering, when you get the xray and medical done, do the radiologist and panel doctor fill in the form as they go along, like they weigh you and measure our height and then they note the answers on the form, next question?

Or do they take some private notes so they can fill out the form later?

I think they fill it in as they go along, but what if they have to describe something more elaborate, do they do that while you wait?

J&K
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

The doctor filled ours out as he went through the checks....the only thing we had to wait for were the blood tests.
takes about a week to get the results back I think
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 7:16 pm
J&K
Forum Regular

J&K is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I have to get the blood test done at a nearby hospital after leaving the panel doctor's surgery. So this means that I'll probably have to wait for the results for a few days too.

So how can it be that some people on the forum (going for PR, therefore HIV test, takes a while to process) say that after their medical was done they walked out of the panel doctor's surgery with their sealed form, ready to be submitted???? Don't they have to wait for the blood test results too???

Old Jun 22nd 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

We had to wait for blood test results too. Took a week then picked them up.

Depends where the medicals have done, but I suppose some places might have blood testing facility on site? Can't think of any other reason..

Don't worry about it and relax, if you do raise something in your medical history, make sure you take along any notes to stress it was an old problem and now resolved etc etc. ie consultants notes..

Cheers
Mash..

Originally posted by J&K
I think I have to get the blood test done at a nearby hospital after leaving the panel doctor's surgery. So this means that I'll probably have to wait for the results for a few days too.

So how can it be that some people on the forum (going for PR, therefore HIV test, takes a while to process) say that after their medical was done they walked out of the panel doctor's surgery with their sealed form, ready to be submitted???? Don't they have to wait for the blood test results too???

Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Our blood tests took about 3 days to come through after the meds. The doctor sent them they day they arrived.

Good luck
Karl.