Reload this Page >

'Pommie Bastardisms'

'Pommie Bastardisms'

Old Feb 14th 2003, 1:07 am
2thick

Default Re: 'Pommie Bastardisms'

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Quote from the wonderful BBC

But, next time some fella staggers out of a Walkabout and openly laughs in your face, ask him this: if England's such a rubbish place, why is he living here?
Yeah good point - if Australia is 'the arse end of the world' as you put it why are you living here?

Old Feb 14th 2003, 1:10 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 2thick
Yeah good point - if Australia is 'the arse end of the world' as you put it why are you living here?
Not for much longer are you there it must be late if you are? I will be joining the Aussie brain drain to the UK to be replaced by a brickie or a Pom thats thick as a brick?

Old Feb 20th 2003, 5:03 am
2thick

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Not for much longer are you there it must be late if you are? I will be joining the Aussie brain drain to the UK to be replaced by a brickie or a Pom thats thick as a brick?

Yeah on graveyard shift at the hospital. Subsequently, so short staffed that I haven't been near the net for several days.

After some 'persuasion', I got our Psych Consultant to have a look at this forum (He's Indian born educated at UK uni with Consultant quals from Edinburgh. Anyhow, he reckons if you were a bit brighter, you'd make an excellent union leader and/ or fringe politician. You have the required characteristics and mode of operation viz - demonising your opponents particularly by personalising any form of discussion or debate. You also try to avoid the specifics of any argument (other than with your own dodgy, non-referenced stats)and depend on general characterisation instead.

Ring a bell so far with all your generalisations about Perth, Aus, Aussies and thick Poms going there??

This demonising then effectively (well sometimes in your case) covers the weakness in your own point of view by covering inconsistencies, contradictions and selective manipulation of facts and opinions. Finally, you attempt to pass off your own prejudiced viewpoints as 'facts' rather than opinions.

love ya

2thick

PS I told him perhaps you weren't thick or uneducated and it was basically 'computer-related errors' e.g. typo's, misspelling due to speed etc. He says, "No ways!" They cannot hide the basic intellectual wilderness which passes for your brain.

Personally, even I, think this is a tad unkind so please give me something to zap him back with.

Old Feb 20th 2003, 5:56 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 2thick
Yeah on graveyard shift at the hospital. Subsequently, so short staffed that I haven't been near the net for several days.

After some 'persuasion', I got our Psych Consultant to have a look at this forum (He's Indian born educated at UK uni with Consultant quals from Edinburgh. Anyhow, he reckons if you were a bit brighter, you'd make an excellent union leader and/ or fringe politician. You have the required characteristics and mode of operation viz - demonising your opponents particularly by personalising any form of discussion or debate. You also try to avoid the specifics of any argument (other than with your own dodgy, non-referenced stats)and depend on general characterisation instead.

Ring a bell so far with all your generalisations about Perth, Aus, Aussies and thick Poms going there??

This demonising then effectively (well sometimes in your case) covers the weakness in your own point of view by covering inconsistencies, contradictions and selective manipulation of facts and opinions. Finally, you attempt to pass off your own prejudiced viewpoints as 'facts' rather than opinions.

love ya

2thick

PS I told him perhaps you weren't thick or uneducated and it was basically 'computer-related errors' e.g. typo's, misspelling due to speed etc. He says, "No ways!" They cannot hide the basic intellectual wilderness which passes for your brain.

Personally, even I, think this is a tad unkind so please give me something to zap him back with.
Not got the time to make a full reply but thankyou very much for that , nice to know you care so much and think I am worth the trouble , I care not about you sorry.
Union leader or Pollie well could be a far better way to earn a living and I love a debate , both are a good earner and I am on good terms with the area rep in the union also he wants me to handle the union in the company that I work in , so thats not far off the mark.
Pollie not in me too honest for that but every man and women has their price and I work cheap.
Opinions are not a view point or a fact some are not even my opinions so am I a devils advocate , too deep for a thicko like me , who needs a brain I am on auto pilot basic functions only .
Yes I am in a intellectual wilderness the Aussies would have it no other way , trying to think of a Aussie intellectual no thats far to hard for me they all left the country years ago.
Most head Doctors are off the planet helps them relate to the mugs who need their services, but we are all playing mind games that have no point ?

PS could there be bit of a chance you are demonising my good self ?a rather poor show .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 20th 2003 at 6:05 am.