Police Worries

Old Feb 27th 2003, 4:21 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Check this out!!!!!

Can any anyone help me?

8yrs ago I had a conviction and got 18 months probation and 100 hours community service.

Is everyone applying to migrate squeeky clean.

Can anyone help - desparate to know will this hinder my application for a visa.:scared:

Last edited by Boomie; Mar 9th 2003 at 10:18 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

mehtasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Worries

Answer to your question greatly depends on what your crime and conviction was? If you could provide some details then it will help.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police worries - Police Certificate

18 years ago my husband got convicted of GBH and received a £100 fine. Although we didn't declare this initially on our application form (it was in the past - forgotten), when it came to our case officer requesting a police certificate, we wrote to him declaring the conviction before we received a police clearance certificate.

Though people told us that, as the conviction was 18 years old, it would be spent and wouldn't show up on a clearance cert, it was infact listed on the police certificate we received back from Scotland Yard.

We were granted our visas 6 weeks after submitting our police clearance certificates and fly out in June.

I think honesty is the best policy.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 6:21 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by mehtasa
Answer to your question greatly depends on what your crime and conviction was? If you could provide some details then it will help.

I privately purchased a motorbike. I found out it was stolen. I went to pieces, did not know what to do. I kept it in storage. 2years later I tried to sell it as I needed the cash.

I tried to bank cheque in the log book name.

Convicted of theft - 18 months probation
fraud - 100 hrs community service

There was no prison sentence or a suspended one either
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

spencerwilde is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have a conviction for theft and fraud...

I declared this straight away when talking to my agent for the very first time. They have said this will not affect my application. They did say though that if i did not declare it and it came up later then it would have affected it!!

honesty is the best policy!!!

Our application is lodged and we just await the go ahead for our medicals and police checks!!!!

Good luck with yours :PARTY:
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:14 pm

Originally posted by spencerwilde
I too have a conviction for theft and fraud...

I declared this straight away when talking to my agent for the very first time. They have said this will not affect my application. They did say though that if i did not declare it and it came up later then it would have affected it!!

honesty is the best policy!!!

Our application is lodged and we just await the go ahead for our medicals and police checks!!!!

Good luck with yours :PARTY:

Thanks for that - would you mind telling me what your sentence was or is that to cheeky.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

No..i don't mind at all!!

I got 12 months conditional discharge and a bloody massive fine!

My agent doesn't see it as a problem!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

actually come to think of it.........it wasn't theft and fraud! It was tehft and deception i got guilty on
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the criminals stopped arriving in oz!!!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:28 pm

Thanks - were a pair aren't we!!!!

I did not have a fine as the bike went back to it owner - in better condition than when I brought it!!!! and the cheque went back to the dealership.

How do you view my sentence? Do you think we should be ok. We have five children and don't really want to waste money on a dream!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

haha

it was a situation i got into as a youngster..very silly of me indeed, but i suppose we all have our skeletons!

i am of course perfect now
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:32 pm

Originally posted by MichelleW
I thought the criminals stopped arriving in oz!!!

I'll take that on the chin, but the position I found myself in was I brought the bike in good faith. It was not my fault it had a history.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Boomerang..i suggest you go for it! I am going with Ian Harrop & Associates (migrant agents) there number is 020 8444 8817

I'm sure they would help you with your query over the phone!!!!

I personally don't think you would have a problem, thats if you declare it straight away!!

good luck
Old Feb 27th 2003, 7:59 pm

Thanks Spencerwilde, you have been very supportive.

I appreciate your honesty, and feel more reassured now I've been in contact with someone in the same boat.

Kind regards

Boomerang

Obviously some people are narrow minded, and don't believe giving a person a second chance. It was not as if my crime hurt anyone.

Would it be right to say more damage can be done when you are under the influence of ALCOHOL when driving around Essex on 21st June!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

hehe. Do you know her boomerang???

Anyway......would you apply through a migration agent or would you apply yourself???? Which kind of visa would you apply for???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.