Police Worries

Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:24 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

I see you got my point!!!!!!!! - not likely !!!! (never been atracted to that part of the country!!!!)

We are going through an agency, and applying under Skilled Migration 136. I am a Graphic pre-press tradesman. We are waiting for our assessment results, we have paid A$595 for the fast track decision. Our agent says that because I have 18yrs experience in the same trade and have been with the same employer for the last 16yrs she is confident there wont be a problem with getting my skill acknowledged.

Where abouts are you in the process, any tips for part 2 - the migration forms.

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point

I was only joking.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

spencerwilde is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also on the skilled 136. Steven's Trade was approved and we also went the fast track route. (He's an electrician) They were approved within 4 weeks!! Our letter from the Adelaide skilled processing centre arrived and told us our application was lodged on the 28/01/03.

So we now await the time when we are told to go ahead with medicals and police forms............we've been told that this maybe in 6-8 months time. (An estimation they have given by the results of last years applications......

It seems such a long way off!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:33 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Thats ok then, everyone should be given a second chance.

I made a mistake when I was 23, I must say I can't remember been more sorry than I do at the moment - thinking about if we don't get accepted when I know it's my wife's dream to go.

Please let me know if you forgive me for my sarcasm.

yours sincerely

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:37 pm

Originally posted by spencerwilde
We are also on the skilled 136. Steven's Trade was approved and we also went the fast track route. (He's an electrician) They were approved within 4 weeks!! Our letter from the Adelaide skilled processing centre arrived and told us our application was lodged on the 28/01/03.

So we now await the time when we are told to go ahead with medicals and police forms............we've been told that this maybe in 6-8 months time. (An estimation they have given by the results of last years applications......

It seems such a long way off!

What were the next set of forms like?

Surely they can't be worse than that skill assessment form!!!
I wrote 30 pages about what my work experience including diagrams and photocopied coloured separations.

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point

At the end of the day we all want the same - a better life down under, so bring on those visas!!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Too true Michelle!!

The application form was straight forward..........just a few signatures from us and details of family members, birth certs (certified copies) ect..........the rest was filled in by our agent.

A lot more straight forward than collecting all the evidence for the TRA.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:53 pm

Can't agree with you more.

Can you give any advice to myself and family.

We have five children 4 girls 15,13,11 and 6 and one son 8.

How far into the process are you and where would you like to go?

Are you able to tell me what the migration forms are like or are you not applying under the skilled migration 136.

Kind regards

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Boomerang
Can't agree with you more.

Can you give any advice to myself and family.

We have five children 4 girls 15,13,11 and 6 and one son 8.

How far into the process are you and where would you like to go?

Are you able to tell me what the migration forms are like or are you not applying under the skilled migration 136.

Kind regards

Boomerang
We want to settle in Melbourne and yes we are applying under the skilled Independant 136 category. we are just waiting for the go ahead for medicals

A good site to look on for help could be www.gomatilda.com

I have found it very useful.......it also gives data on the time span (under "news") on how long they are processing the visa's, education, schools.ect ect...........there are also good links to other helpful and informative sites!

www.immi.gov.au is also a good site and also has a youth site which may interest your children..........i think its on this site.hold on i'll check
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm also a spark but without any convictions, applied in april last year and was asked for medicals in january. We are still waiting for the police certs to get back to us.
I totally agree with you on the TRA assesment forms they were a headache to complete. We hope to be going to Aus in august time if all goes well.

hope you both get on ok. with your applications

Terry
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:07 pm

Brill, won't be to much longer then, what has the process been like for you and where are you planning to migrate to.

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just the waiting that gets to you somtimes, and occasionally having the doubts about are we doing the right thing.
We are going to Brisbane to start with bat will travel a bit before settling down

Terry
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:18 pm

I fancy Brisbane too, but there seems more jobs advertised in Sydney and Melbourne. Have you found a web site for jobs in Brisbane ?

I'm a designer if you drop on any jobs let me know.

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:21 pm

Well thats what they seem to call my trade in Oz I am a Graphic pre-press tradesperson / mac operator

Boomerang
Old Feb 27th 2003, 9:33 pm

Originally posted by spencerwilde
We want to settle in Melbourne and yes we are applying under the skilled Independant 136 category. we are just waiting for the go ahead for medicals

A good site to look on for help could be www.gomatilda.com

I have found it very useful.......it also gives data on the time span (under "news") on how long they are processing the visa's, education, schools.ect ect...........there are also good links to other helpful and informative sites!

www.immi.gov.au is also a good site and also has a youth site which may interest your children..........i think its on this site.hold on i'll check

Thanks for the web address'

As Steve Irwin says I'll CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Boomerang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.