Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police checks outside UK

Police checks outside UK

Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:18 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police checks outside UK

I hope a few out there might be able to help me.

I need to get police checks done for a 457 application, and my agent told me to get the UK checks requested because they take 40 days.

My question, which he couldn't answer straight away, was why do I need UK checks if i;ve been out of the UK for nearly 20 years ?

Anybody know if its needed, or do I just need Dutch police checks ?

(I think i'm going for the record of slowest 457 in history. 8 months already, and its gonna take probably another 3 yet !! )
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks outside UK

Originally Posted by furkew
I hope a few out there might be able to help me.

I need to get police checks done for a 457 application, and my agent told me to get the UK checks requested because they take 40 days.

My question, which he couldn't answer straight away, was why do I need UK checks if i;ve been out of the UK for nearly 20 years ?

Anybody know if its needed, or do I just need Dutch police checks ?

(I think i'm going for the record of slowest 457 in history. 8 months already, and its gonna take probably another 3 yet !! )

i suppose it would depend if you were an adult 20 years ago in the UK.
AS ive lived in both Germany and the UK i have to have police checks done in both Countries, but not from when i lived in Germany as a child.
I hope this makes sense. Hubby also has to have checks done in Canada and Iraq, so our police checks will take ages

I hope things start getting quicker for you.

By the way are they starting to stock Gluwien(sp) in your neck of the wood yet?
Mandy
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:20 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
i suppose it would depend if you were an adult 20 years ago in the UK.
AS ive lived in both Germany and the UK i have to have police checks done in both Countries, but not from when i lived in Germany as a child.
I hope this makes sense. Hubby also has to have checks done in Canada and Iraq, so our police checks will take ages

I hope things start getting quicker for you.

By the way are they starting to stock Gluwien(sp) in your neck of the wood yet?
Mandy
In Holland they sell anything if it contains alchohol, but Gluhwein is easy to get because of the Dutch loveing their skiing hols & outdoor skating.

Looks like i'll have to get my checks done then

I was 21 when I came out here. I'll wait for an answer from my agent anyway. Its been 8 months already for a temp visa, so a few weeks extra don't matter.

Hope you guys are all well btw. You guys are nearly there arn't you ?

Paul
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
In Holland they sell anything if it contains alchohol, but Gluhwein is easy to get because of the Dutch loveing their skiing hols & outdoor skating.

Looks like i'll have to get my checks done then

I was 21 when I came out here. I'll wait for an answer from my agent anyway. Its been 8 months already for a temp visa, so a few weeks extra don't matter.

Hope you guys are all well btw. You guys are nearly there arn't you ?

Paul

We are all well thanks, im off to Mel for a visit in Oct . Hubby cant put paper work in till the start of next year with the army. Then he will have 2 years left to serve and there should be no probs with the oz army acepting him and waiting till his service has finished.
We are going to visit lots of army bods in a few areas so hopefully this will help him.
Ive sorted accom on Philip island for a night so we can see those lovley penquins.
Ive got my fingers crossed that all goes well for you
Mandy
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:35 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
We are all well thanks, im off to Mel for a visit in Oct . Hubby cant put paper work in till the start of next year with the army. Then he will have 2 years left to serve and there should be no probs with the oz army acepting him and waiting till his service has finished.
We are going to visit lots of army bods in a few areas so hopefully this will help him.
Ive sorted accom on Philip island for a night so we can see those lovley penquins.
Ive got my fingers crossed that all goes well for you
Mandy
You should have a fab time in Melbourne. I only had the chance to see Philip Island during the day, but they say the parade at night is great. Don't forget to see the pelicans being fed at (I think) 11 oclock every morning next to the bridge to Philip Island at San Remo.

Dont worry about me, it'll all be alright on the night as they say.

Say hi to that squaddie of yours, and look at these pikkies and start dreaming...................

Attached Thumbnails Police checks outside UK-pelicans.jpg   Police checks outside UK-philip-island.jpg   Police checks outside UK-penguins.jpg