Reload this Page >

Police checks and medicals

Police checks and medicals

Old Apr 25th 2002, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks and medicals

Hi guys

Sure its been asked 3 million times before but ...

Im just about to lodge my PR application and want some advice on when to get Police Checks and Medicals done (in the UK).

I plan on going to Oz immediately I get my PR and am an IT type so am not too worried about the '12 months from Police checks' rule.

- How long does a UK police check take to come back?
- How long does a Netherlands police check take to come back - has anyone on here had the need to get one from Holland? or is it just me !)
- How long is the waiting list for medicals (Im in Slough area)

Thanks a lot - you guys are the best !

Dave
Old Apr 25th 2002, 10:09 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks and medicals

From own experience - Police check was about 4 weeks. We arranged our own medicals in Slough and had the appointment booked for a week later and results back that day.
Old Apr 25th 2002, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Cobber is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you actually get to see the medical results? I hear they are in a closed envelope?
Old Apr 25th 2002, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Cobber
We had ours done sept 2001 and were not able to see the results , they were all sealed up in 4 envelopes .
Joanne
Old Apr 25th 2002, 1:06 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on which Doc you have.
Ours let us see what he had put so there were no suprises
Old Apr 25th 2002, 1:39 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see comments but Doctor said everything was fine for adults and one child, daughter is partially deaf and he just included all our medical reports and details that we had brought along. X-rays and report said everything healthy, but again did not see actual form. Best advice here is probably to ask what they think, I do not think they will show you what they write - the UK panel doctors do this all the time and should be aware of our worries.

One comment on a personal note - it seemed a lot of money to get weighed, height taken, asked a few questions, breast exam, my blood pressure taken, urine test. 20 mins in total
Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cobber is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. How much did it cost for 1 adult out of interest. I have heard 150 quid in London?
Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:33 pm
Gone Senile Member

Adult Medical 65.00
X Ray 40.00
Blood Test 18.00

All paid separately to individual examining agencies

Some doctors/xrays can be cheaper than others don't be afraid to ask costs when phoning for appointment.
Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

My medical cost £80. That was in Hull.
Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Sorry about the brevity of that answer - pressed the button a bit too quick.

X-Ray approx £45, blood test approx £15.
Old Apr 26th 2002, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

venky_macho is an unknown quantity at this point

I need one clarification:
The Instructions to Physicians sheet has a point No.4 which says:
Please include ALL test results, such as HIV Test, within the envelope provided.

Assuming that everything is normal, does this still mean that the MD has to include within the envelope all the "other" tests that were taken such as Urianalysis, ECB etc.

Please post reply immediately as unlike in UK, most of the MD's in US (atleast mine) have not handled medicals for aussie immigration.

Thanks to all in the forum community
Old Apr 26th 2002, 2:39 am
Gone Senile Member

UK - medical official form is not complete without blood test etc - they have to all be included in sealed medical form.