Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:30 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by welshboybilly
hey, well done steve one more hurdle outta the way.

i guess god was on your side with this one
Don't start!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:57 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
As I mentioned on a previous thread, we took our police check forms down to the police station on Tuesday morning (6th) where they checked the ID for us and sent them off for us. Well, I came downstairs this morning and there they are on the door mat! They are dated the 8th of Jan, 2 days after we handed them in.

Now that's what you pay your council tax for!

I would seriously suggest that you hand your forms in personally if you are about to have them done. They do say it's a bit quicker. But 2 days? They must have had that blue light flashing like crazy. Vroommmmmmmm!
Eh I dont understand....Ive done mine and will redo when asked for them(I did them to see what I was up against i.e. what they came up with)
I had to send first to localish big bobby shop who then had to send them to London....It took at least a month for mine to come back and longer for the hubbys(praps cos there was stuff on it)..Do you mean you took the to the final port of call straight off....?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peppi,
Steve was just lucky - at the moment there is no backlog at Sotland Yard, and the same thing happened this time last year. On other occasions they take longer because of the amount of forms sent in at the time, staff holidays, all the usual factors that cause an office backlog. They usually do take slightly longer with info attached because of it being checked before being sent out.

The route you used was the right one - the only way you can save any time is by taking them to your local police HQ (if you are outside London) to avoid the time taken to post them there. The forms go back to the local HQ first and they send them to Scotland Yard - who then bill the force for the number of checks carried out on their behalf.

Hope that makes sense,

Pollyana