Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

washing machines

washing machines

Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:51 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default washing machines

Just as expected our electrical items have started a mutiny, this week the washing machine gave up, splutted water over the floor and refused the spin cycle. Hubby wants to know is it worth while buying a cheap one and taking to Perth later in the year, or are those large top loaders still the best ones to get?
Any ideas gratefully received.

Jenny

I reckon the irons next, followed closely by the toaster
but as hubby just said what about the car:scared: :scared:
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

gelomaa is an unknown quantity at this point

hello fellow scouser are you in oz?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:01 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by gelomaa
no still in slight murky,wet, gale ridden England!

Whereabouts are you?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:03 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: washing machines

Originally posted by jensteve
Just as expected our electrical items have started a mutiny, this week the washing machine gave up, splutted water over the floor and refused the spin cycle. Hubby wants to know is it worth while buying a cheap one and taking to Perth later in the year, or are those large top loaders still the best ones to get?

Jenny

Hi too

I'm originally from Bromborough- drank in the Merebrooke.

:scared:

Jill

Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:04 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by gelomaa
Not scoucers - Wirralians - now that's a mouthful

Jill

Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

gelomaa is an unknown quantity at this point

im origionally from liverpool, wavertree but we live in sunny suffolk now, not so sunny at the moment though. we are just looking into the prospect of moving to brisbane, need to find out a bit more first though, but we do like the idea so far. how about you? are you thinking of working there yourself?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

Jenny

try here for price

http://www.biriteelectrical.com.au/new/default.asp

I'd go for a front loader largest model

up to 70 % less water usage. compared to some top loaders
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there
i have justbought a 7kg lg front loader washing machine brilliant
very quiet and doesnt stretch the t shirts like a top loader
cheers
juliet
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:10 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by dobbo
hi there
i have justbought a 7kg lg front loader washing machine brilliant
very quiet and doesnt stretch the t shirts like a top loader
cheers
juliet
These 7kg Front Loaders are quickly becoming very popular out here. The days of the Top Loaders may be numbered one day

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Waltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enoughWaltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enough

Those top loaders are rubbish compared to front loaders I remember getting back to the UK and washing my clothes and they actually got clean!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

We bought a 5.5 Kg Whirlpool front loader from Retravision.

$775 - $150 rebate as it has a tripple AAA economy rating. Not bad if you're from the UK but pricey if your on Aussie dosh.

Now to be fair I don't use it a lot but the wife tells me it's better than the Zanussi we had in the UK and I've noticed it's a damm site quieter although that's probably more due to the concrete floor.

H also reckoned the top loaders are real trash. What they don't destroy they don't get clean. JMO
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:55 pm
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by aussie bloke
try here for price

http://www.biriteelectrical.com.au/new/default.asp

I'd go for a front loader largest model

up to 70 % less water usage. compared to some top loaders
If you could see my face when I looked at that sight you would have laughed. Expensive or what, sorry but LG is a poor grade cheap electrical range bought out for the person on a budget I should know I used to sell them and the prices $1100++++++ is amazing. I'm buying a new one over here and bringing it with me and yes I will pay the tax because its worth it. Thanks anyway
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:34 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Jenny

jenny,

It is a known fact that front loader are far more efficient at cleaning you clothes than top loaders. With top loaders clothes stay generally on top of each other and twirl around the dirty water stay at the bottom due to gravity then just adgitates the bottom clothes and top don't get a look in. Front loaders disperse clothes even due to the extra help of gravity when the drum is turning clockwise or anticlockwise.

My advise is go for agood front loader but make sure you can get the spare parts for it when in Oz.

Jo

ps If you can get spare for a Bosch which magazine reacon it is one of the best. I know I've got one but then again my whirlpool was brilliant till it died after 11 years.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:00 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Fact or Myth? Facts can be verified, Myths merely repeated.

The principal advantage of some front loaders is that they are small - a dryer can be stacked on top.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you could see my face when I looked at that sight you would have laughed. Expensive or what, sorry but LG is a poor grade cheap electrical range bought out for the person on a budget I should know I used to sell them and the prices $1100++++++ is amazing. I'm buying a new one over here and bringing it with me and yes I will pay the tax because its worth it. Thanks anyway
Your msg is interesting as every electrical shop we have shopped at have totally recommented LG goods. We are fresh pommies in Adelaide (arrived June '03) and came with nothing. We have had to buy all new stuff incl electrical goods. We have bought LG tv's, LG toaster, LG fridge/freezer etc, etc. All the people we have spoken to here (retail or locals) have recommended 'LG'. Have most of the population of Adelaide been brainwashed???

On the other hand our washing machine is a 'Whirlpool', 7 kg, front loader $850. With the water restrictions set in SA we would not have considered a toploading machine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.