police checks

Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

NUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant future
Default police checks

hi all,
new to this site and this my first post,
can anyone help me out here, in my application it asks us to declare any convictions, which i have (although 20 0dd years ago). i am led to believe that for my application they will only look back as far as ten years, what im not sure about is if i have said i have convictions further back than ten years do they then look back at them all, just want to get it clear in my head as worrying about them although nothing serious, mostly traffic offences when a stupid kid!
hope someone can shed some light on this for me,
cheers, vince
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:16 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police checks

Def declare everything. The police check can be the luck of the draw and will often bring back stuff well over 20 years old. I know someone that didnt declare something 27yrs back and it stopped them coming to Oz purely because they hadn't declared it. He was actually told that it would have been ok if he had declared it as it was a small offence and so far back.

If you do a search on here, there are loads of threads about police checks and criminal records.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted by NUMBER69
hi all,
new to this site and this my first post,
can anyone help me out here, in my application it asks us to declare any convictions, which i have (although 20 0dd years ago). i am led to believe that for my application they will only look back as far as ten years, what im not sure about is if i have said i have convictions further back than ten years do they then look back at them all, just want to get it clear in my head as worrying about them although nothing serious, mostly traffic offences when a stupid kid!
hope someone can shed some light on this for me,
cheers, vince