Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks...

Police Checks...

Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Smile Police Checks...

Yippee.... our police checks arrived this morning... for those of you just starting this part of the process just thought I'd let you know how long it took us...
We gave the forms and our money to the local police station on the 1st of October and then recieved a letter informing us that the resquest had been forwarded to the National Identification Service on the 5th October... from there they had 40 days and took just 22...

We thought it might take a bit longer as we have a fairly common surname...

We're ready now to lodge main application.. at last!

Julie
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:38 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: Police Checks...

Good onya Julie!

I think ours took about this length of time also.

Good luck with the next bit!!

Cheeky

Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Yippee.... our police checks arrived this morning... for those of you just starting this part of the process just thought I'd let you know how long it took us...
We gave the forms and our money to the local police station on the 1st of October and then recieved a letter informing us that the resquest had been forwarded to the National Identification Service on the 5th October... from there they had 40 days and took just 22...

We thought it might take a bit longer as we have a fairly common surname...

We're ready now to lodge main application.. at last!

Julie
Julie,
Sasha just told me about your police check. Took longer than i expected, but will look into applying for ours now. Talk on saturday. Let us know if the expo is worth getting up for on |Sunday. As we dont have the kids , we could sleep in. Now get that application in. .

How is the house viewing?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that... might see you at expo... although can't hang around, have to get back for the children..