Police Checks

Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future
Default Police Checks

Has anybody had a problem with the police checks we are a bit worried as were applying for an PR and our son who is now just 18 had a reprimmand last August and we are worried it may affect us getting a Visa. :scared: Do you think this will affect us getting a Visa. He is now at college and may not come over with us straight away as he wants to finish his course.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:57 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by kelman
Has anybody had a problem with the police checks we are a bit worried as were applying for an PR and our son who is now just 18 had a reprimmand last August and we are worried it may affect us getting a Visa. :scared: Do you think this will affect us getting a Visa. He is now at college and may not come over with us straight away as he wants to finish his course.
Not a hope in hell of it affecting you. Stop worrying.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bordy
Not a hope in hell of it affecting you. Stop worrying.
Thanks for that my husbands is worried out of his mind
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't make any difference; make sure it gets declared on the forms, as it will almost certainly appear on the police check, but as long as you have been honest about it, there should be no problem at all.
People on this forum have far far worse, and have got their visas.

Pollyana
(former police record checker!)
Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:47 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

The others are right, won't make a difference as long as you declare it up front. My brother had two criminal offences on his record but got the visa without too much bother as neither were particularly serious. Perhaps it actually helps you get into Oz......
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

JPRobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
We are applying for our police checks and have the relevant forms etc.

We live in Edinurgh and have always lived in Scotland, does any one know if we require the Scottish criminal record or do we still need the national version. The only reason i ask is the national one takes longer to obtain and i would like to send them away asap!!

Thanks for your help.

John

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Shouldn't make any difference; make sure it gets declared on the forms, as it will almost certainly appear on the police check, but as long as you have been honest about it, there should be no problem at all.
People on this forum have far far worse, and have got their visas.

Pollyana
(former police record checker!)
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JPRobbo
HI
We are applying for our police checks and have the relevant forms etc.

We live in Edinurgh and have always lived in Scotland, does any one know if we require the Scottish criminal record or do we still need the national version. The only reason i ask is the national one takes longer to obtain and i would like to send them away asap!!

Thanks for your help.

John
From what I have read lately, the system has changed slightly for Scotland, and when you request the police check from them they have a space on the form to say if you want the national check too, then they send the stuff to London. However, if you have always lived in Scotland, then all your convictions (if any) would be recorded up there, so I would have thought no need for a national check.
As long as its clear that you have only lived in Scotland, I see no logical reason for needing the national check.

Not sure where you are, but heres one link where the form is online...

http://www.tayside.police.uk/pdf/dataprotection.pdf