Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is police check required?

is police check required?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:07 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default is police check required?

Hi, went on a holiday working visa approx 7 years ago spent just under 1 year there. Came home before visa expired. Will I need police check for Australia?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is police check required?

Originally Posted by Granger
Hi, went on a holiday working visa approx 7 years ago spent just under 1 year there. Came home before visa expired. Will I need police check for Australia?

I was in Oz over 3 yrs ago and was there on a working visa for 11 months. Even though it states over 12 months, I got one just on case. They were taking months to get through and it would be an extra wait if they asked you to get one. I was lucky and mine only took 3 weeks!

Liz.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
i was in oz in 98 for just under a year, and i have just had to get a OZ police check. it was processed really quickly though, it only took 14 days to come back to me (that includes going from uk to oz and back again) so a very fast service.
cheers

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:49 pm
heehaugh

Did they ask you or did you do it off your own back?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney

Hi,
yes i was asked to get an OZ police check. i was there for under a year and was expecting to have to get one. however, there have been people on here who have also been in oz for under a year who have not been asked to get one, i all depends on teh case officer, but they may be asked further down the line i suppose u never know do you? i wouldnt worry if they ask you to get one, its really easy and like i say mine came in 14 days (and that was just a few weeks ago)
cheers

Did they ask you or did you do it off your own back?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:25 pm
heehaugh

Could you tell me how much it cost. I am looking at Dimia website and can only find info on where to post it. Did you send bank cheque or international money order? What form did you send with it?
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, I think i paid $36 (about £15) i paid by international money order and completed form 1011. if you do a search on the DIMIA website under Australian police check you will find all the info and forms u need. when u send the form to OZ you need to include postage for them to send it back, you can get the international reply coupons at the post office. hope this helps
cheers

Could you tell me how much it cost. I am looking at Dimia website and can only find info on where to post it. Did you send bank cheque or international money order? What form did you send with it?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:17 am
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

Legally NO, but you cannot beat City Hall. You can download the form at:http://www.afp.gov.au/raw/Forms/Crimhistory/Crim01.pdf
Westly Russell
Migration Agent
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you spent any other time in Oz?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:34 am
heehaugh

That was the only time I spent in Oz, why do you ask?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

That was the only time I spent in Oz, why do you ask?
I did the working holiday plus a few months later on holiday and was requested Australian PCC.

Not sure of current timescales but they were taking over 2 months earlier on in the year. Are you front end loading? If not DIMIA will tell you what checks are required in due time.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:02 am
heehaugh

I went to Australia and left in exactly under 12 months. I'm not front loaded, applied 17 April applied. But I feel if it would hurry process I could do it just now, one thing more ticked off list. You know the feeling I'm sure?