Points for age?

Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Points for age?

We have recently submitted our Aussie Sponsered Gen skilled visa application and they took our money from our credit card on 13 Feb.

My query is this - my husband who is the primary applicant turns 30 on April 2nd and we claimed points on him being 29 - points drop after April 2nd!!! As they recieved the form and have deducted the money will we get points based on that or do we have to pray that they will read the app and assess it prior to April 2nd????

Help!!!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 1:15 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Points for age?

they won't read the app before April, but the good news is your age 'freezes' at date of receipt by DIMIA of the application form. Thus, your hubby will be 29 until they decide to start to process it, which if it is a skilled app, will probably take about 8 months!

Old Mar 9th 2004, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

the flying dutchman is absolutely correct. Our application went in 7 days before my hubbies 35th birthday for that exact reason.

You may be lucky like us - we submitted the application (skilled indep) on 10 march last year, meds 24/5 & got visas through in June. Not nursing either - think they were trying to hit the quota for the year & we were an uncomplicated case!

Good luck

pockygoes
Old Mar 10th 2004, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks - that's really eased the mind!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 12:52 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by pockygoes
the flying dutchman is absolutely correct. Our application went in 7 days before my hubbies 35th birthday for that exact reason.

You may be lucky like us - we submitted the application (skilled indep) on 10 march last year, meds 24/5 & got visas through in June. Not nursing either - think they were trying to hit the quota for the year & we were an uncomplicated case!

Good luck

pockygoes

hi pocky, just a quick question, did you send your meds pcc's off unrequested?
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

scutter

No, they were requested. The agent was even surprised how quickly it all happened - i think we were just lucky as they were approaching the end of year & needed to hit the target.. I have seen lately that alot of people have been front loading their application - it would be interesting to see what if it does affect the timeline or not. I think that is you can up & go fairly quickly after getting the visa then you may be Ok to frontload - but of course you risk your medical beibg out of date & having to pay again if the visa is not issued for a while.

Good luck anyhow

cheers
pockygoes
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:13 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by pockygoes
scutter

No, they were requested. The agent was even surprised how quickly it all happened - i think we were just lucky as they were approaching the end of year & needed to hit the target.. I have seen lately that alot of people have been front loading their application - it would be interesting to see what if it does affect the timeline or not. I think that is you can up & go fairly quickly after getting the visa then you may be Ok to frontload - but of course you risk your medical beibg out of date & having to pay again if the visa is not issued for a while.

Good luck anyhow

cheers
pockygoes

Hi there. i'm hoping for something similar. i applied at the start of december and i've got my fingers crossed i'll hit the end of year dash too! Although i'm not counting on it.

i'm the only applicant, fit and healthy and my working history is easy to check out as i've been with the same company for sooo long. It should be a doddle for the guys and gals in Adelaide. If i just get the meds requested in june i'll be happy!

congrats on the visa, i hope it all works out!

cyaz

Leigh