Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbing in Perth

Plumbing in Perth

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice
Default Plumbing in Perth

Hi guys, can anyone help?
We are nearing final stages and expect the visa to be granted shortly (fingers crossed) and starting to think about work. I am a nurse and not too worried but as I am the main applicant my OH has not had a TRA and we haven't been able to find any details on how to get a plumbing licence in WA. Any one have a few useful tips or links on how we get him licensed? or what to do first? I don't want to think too much about him doing daddy day care for tooooooooo long while I am at work!
Thanks
Karen
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing in Perth

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
We are nearing final stages and expect the visa to be granted shortly (fingers crossed) and starting to think about work. I am a nurse and not too worried but as I am the main applicant my OH has not had a TRA and we haven't been able to find any details on how to get a plumbing licence in WA. Any one have a few useful tips or links on how we get him licensed? or what to do first? I don't want to think too much about him doing daddy day care for tooooooooo long while I am at work!
Thanks
Karen

look out for Scossie - he is a plumber by trade and lives in perth but he now has his own pool installation business. he knows what the score is though and is a sweetie
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
Thanks
Karen
Hi I know that Dan the plumber has been and hopes to be again soon a plumber in perth. might be worth sending him a pm hes very friendly. ff
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Cheers guys I appreciate the pointing in the right direction.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:05 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Strange! I have spent the whole evening researching Plumbers wages in Perth!!
The results I,m sorry to say are not good, wages are crap to say the least, that is IF you work for someone else, it seems $20 an hour is average, I,ll look for a link.
read through these pages
http://www.pomsinperth.com/discussio...forum.php?f=12

Last edited by paulf; Jan 2nd 2006 at 8:07 pm. Reason: link
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulf
The results I,m sorry to say are not good, wages are crap to say the least, that is IF you work for someone else, it seems $20 an hour is average, I,ll look for a link.

yep - i think thats why Scossie knocked it on the head
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:13 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Plumbing in Oz seems a second rate occupation, Labourers get paid the same if not more quite bizarre, I have a fall back plan however,,,which is nice
Wheres ya ticker thingy?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:40 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

read through these pages

But why work for someone else. I know a plumber who works for himself and is charging $100 an hour.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:48 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
But why work for someone else. I know a plumber who works for himself and is charging $100 an hour.
Is that all
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:26 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I played golf with a guy (from a different web forum) who is a self-employed plumber but admittedly has been here a couple of years now. He said he is that busy it was his first round for months and he preferred to work part-time hours as they weren't desperate for the money. So it must be possible to make a good living at it. Like most professions, I think you just need to get the licences and a bit of experience then you can earn a lot more.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We spent $200 on an emergency plumber, the only one who would come (the next day ) so they must make a packet if they work for themselves.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:31 am
Banned

Paul@Perth is an unknown quantity at this point

read through these pages
Not true, plumbers can earn around $2000 per week, if they go down the sub contractors route. The ones on crap wages are probably still to obtain their licences.
Licensed plumbers will normally charge around $50 per hour. As do all tradesman.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:34 am
Banned

Paul@Perth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I think Scossie fell off a ladder and hurt his back, He priced my pool up the other day, nice guy.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again guys, if anyone speaks to scossie can they mention I am looking for details on how to get license for plumber in perth. I could be starting to get my OH off and running with license before he gets into the idea of relaxing by the pool while I work!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

Plumbing in Oz seems a second rate occupation, Labourers get paid the same if not more quite bizarre, I have a fall back plan however,,,which is nice
Wheres ya ticker thingy?

whats yer fallback plan? is that to do with FIL??

jeds fallback plan is to send me to work? stupid fekkin idea if i ever heard one

as far as im concerned, his fallback plan will involve Shell and/or Gilbarco.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.