Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Old May 9th 2005, 6:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by joanneS
Evening Fraser at long last the expert! heard a lot of good things about you!! (grovel grovel)!! so am I right in thinking that hubbies on the job training stat dec would be like first year I learnt for instance installing a sink, this was shown to me first by the qualified plumber, (I haven't got a clue what to write next as hubbie is out)!! LOL, he did this and that blah blah, the tools he used were blah blah!! eventually I was able to do this on my own etc etc. Fraser Is there anywhere that states what was learnt first year second year etc because hubby can't remember that far back, he only knows that he can do it!! and reckons he always could... (memory like a fish)!! Also does he have to do everything that he learnt? How many pages will it take up cause he reckons there would be loads? (Be gentle with your answer otherwise it will freak him out altogether and I'll never get him round to writing anything)!!!
Thanks for your help Fraser and speak to you soon hopefully
Jo

I'm going to PM you a small example of what I sent Mine was only a year at college. By the way I'm pissed as celebrating
Old May 9th 2005, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Hi Bev, Jo here again, still attempting to get info for hubbie as he is still too lazy to update his training needed for TRA. Bev if you don't mind me asking how do you go about how hubbie learnt whilst training? Would you put something along the lines like was shown how to install a sink and then list how to do it and what tools or am I completely off track here? If I could just have a format and then I can get him cracking on it!!! Anyone else out there with a format would be of great help.
Good luck to all Joxx

hi jo im going to pm you a format so you can have a look... just delete names of firms etc!!!
tell me if any good
Old May 9th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
I'm going to PM you a small example of what I sent Mine was only a year at college. By the way I'm pissed as celebrating
Thanks Fraser I've sent you a pm too!!!
Old May 9th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
hi jo im going to pm you a format so you can have a look... just delete names of firms etc!!!
tell me if any good
Hi Bev, just sent you a pm thanks!!!
Old May 9th 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Bev, just sent you a pm thanks!!!
And another one!!!
Old May 9th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I join your club ? My hubby isn't a plumber but a brickie but my position is the same. I'm stuck on the training bit (he learnt on the job) and hubby can't remember what he was taught nor when let alone by whom. All great fun NOT ! Would help if he could help out a bit seeing as I've never brickied in my life - don't they just slap on a bit of cement, chuck on a brick then go to the pub ?

Brickies have also just been added to MODL so, at long last, we get a perm visa instead of SIR which was our only route to WA since the points increased although no doubt that will all have changed by the time hubby gets around to sorting out the paperwork
Old May 9th 2005, 9:44 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

tell me if any good
hi beebopaloola

don't mean to be cheeky but any chance of sending me a pm with that format as i have been typing reams of pages out and then bining them. So unsure about how much and what kind of info to write. its a great incentive to hear how other people are getting on. this site really makes you see light at the end of the tunnel.

thanks
sue
Old May 9th 2005, 10:01 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

hi there and welcome!!!
you will have enough money! are you selling house? you will be in debt free position for first time in ages! until you get another morgage!
the kids will adapt better than you think the youngest wont know any different! the eldest will like all the attention of being the new kid and be able to choose friends! and have the option of going back to visit grandparents etc in the long holidays
you will make friends! you are outgoing (wouldnt be doing this in first place
it is easy to meet people, it will take time to make friends though and as long as you expect the unexpected you will be fine. and choose potential friends wisley. and then rave about your move so much that your mates from home will be eager to come and have a look!!
we have passsed TRA and now hubby is resigned to fact that his QUALifications and experience will mean squat diddly and he will have to RE-learn his trade all over again!! (judging by other comments posted re plumbers) but hey ho! he is a hard worker and does not expect to walk into top job when we arrive.
we will concentrate on gretting his licence and then work....and re learn all different ways etc...
good luck and keep posting
BEV...

thanks for that bev,

there seems to be lots of plumbers heading to oz. god help anyone with a leak here next year. congrats on getting tra. the relief must be brill.
we are selling our house and making quite alot of money on it as property market here is booming at the mo but i just hope we don't have to dip into it too much if hubbie doesn't get a job straight away. our ideal would be to stay mortgage free but isn't everyones!!
what area are you heading to? good luck with visa app-hope you get it soon.
by the way my smallest is also emily.

sue
Old May 12th 2005, 5:59 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Any plumbers in Melbourne area???

I need help with my hot water pressure.
Old May 12th 2005, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bordy
Any plumbers in Melbourne area???

I need help with my hot water pressure.
Sorry don't arrive until sat.! in Singapore at the moment What type of system do you have to see if I can give you any help.
Old May 12th 2005, 6:39 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flumper
Sorry don't arrive until sat.! in Singapore at the moment What type of system do you have to see if I can give you any help.

Its a Dux Proflo 3 model if that makes any sense. Its just a unit by the side of the house. When opening the relief valve theres plenty of pressure but this past few days its been very poor in the house, can hardly have a shower.
Old May 12th 2005, 6:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flumper
How are you enjoying Singapore, I hope you haven't spent all your money on expensive Tiger beer
Old May 12th 2005, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Talking Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by fraser
How are you enjoying Singapore, I hope you haven't spent all your money on expensive Tiger beer
Tried to restrain ourselves but did buy the latest small handheld digi camcorder and will be claiming the GST back tomorrow when we leave. Filming everything just now, feel like a Japanese tourist.