Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

plumbers/gas fitters-info please

plumbers/gas fitters-info please

Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plumbers/gas fitters-info please

Can anyone tell me about opportunities for plumbers/gas fitters particularly in the perth area? What is the average salary and are there many jobs? I have tried researching on the internet but not much luck Any help welcome
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

JTowers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: plumbers/gas fitters-info please

Originally posted by kath29
Can anyone tell me about opportunities for plumbers/gas fitters particularly in the perth area? What is the average salary and are there many jobs? I have tried researching on the internet but not much luck Any help welcome

Not sure about Perth but my partner is a plumber/gas fitter type and found work straight away. He is currently gaining registration in a few Plumbing Industry Commission (PIC) categorys, which they give him a year to do (provisional registration until then) and his company are training him to install and service evaporative cooling/heating systems. Pay is pretty much the same as he was on in the UK but could make an awful lot more if he started up on his own. Not an option at the moment but something we may look in to for the future. We got most of our inforamtion from PIC before we left the UK. I think they only deal with Victoria but the equivalent in Perth is Plumber's Licensing Board in Dept. for Consumer Protection. Might be worth contacting them for info on what registration / licensing you might need to be able to work. The website is: www.docep.wa.gov.au

Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly the info we needed. Cheers for that. Are there any plunbers/gas fitters in Perth that can tell us about pay and opportunities there.