Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

plugs and sockets!!

plugs and sockets!!

Old May 16th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice
Default plugs and sockets!!

We are going on our recce trip in July/August and I have bought an adaptor for "ordinary" sockets, but what I wanted to know was what are the sockets in bathrooms (for shavers/electric toothbrush) like in Australia? Are they the same as here (shape wise) or am I going to have to get even more adaptors!!!?
Old May 16th 2006, 11:42 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: plugs and sockets!!

Originally Posted by draper5
We are going on our recce trip in July/August and I have bought an adaptor for "ordinary" sockets, but what I wanted to know was what are the sockets in bathrooms (for shavers/electric toothbrush) like in Australia? Are they the same as here (shape wise) or am I going to have to get even more adaptors!!!?
Sockets in the bathrooms here are the same as in the rest of the house. There's no low voltage or 12v system in place.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:02 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

if you stay at hotels you are likely to get the 'normal' shaver sockets, but in the unit and now the house we are in, like stated above, they are like the rest of the house. My electric toothbrush remains unused since it went flat in March - stil on the to do list of items to get
Old May 16th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by walaj
if you stay at hotels you are likely to get the 'normal' shaver sockets, but in the unit and now the house we are in, like stated above, they are like the rest of the house. My electric toothbrush remains unused since it went flat in March - stil on the to do list of items to get
Thanks.. As we are staying in rented apartments/houses i think I'll just take a good old fashioned toothbrush then!