Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please Welcome Leo & Chris !!!!!!!!!!

Please Welcome Leo & Chris !!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:16 pm
Pre-Lim Search 4 Eden

The Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really nice
Default Please Welcome Leo & Chris !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys.

Our dear friends Leo & Chris are currently on their flights between London and Perth, where they will be embarking upon their new life.

I would be extremely grateful if you would all "look after them" on their arrival

I know that they have frequented this forum, but I am unsure of their usernames.....but I am sure that they will be logging in to post an update shortly after their arrival, and it would be great if they could see this thread near the top of the forum.

With that in mind, could you guys please post a few "hellos" and "welcomes" over the next couple of days......not only to genuinely welcome the guys down under, but also to "bump" this thread a few times.

They leave a massive void behind them. We have "lost" friends that will be sadly missed.

Australia, however, and Perth in particular, is genuinely gaining a couple of superb new residents. I am sure that all of you expats in Perth will make them welcome, and that they will prove to be a valuable addition to your local expat neighbourhood.

Thanks guys.......make them very welcome
Old Sep 21st 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Default Re: Please Welcome Leo & Chris !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by The Rowers
Hi Guys.

Our dear friends Leo & Chris are currently on their flights between London and Perth, where they will be embarking upon their new life.

I would be extremely grateful if you would all "look after them" on their arrival

I know that they have frequented this forum, but I am unsure of their usernames.....but I am sure that they will be logging in to post an update shortly after their arrival, and it would be great if they could see this thread near the top of the forum.

With that in mind, could you guys please post a few "hellos" and "welcomes" over the next couple of days......not only to genuinely welcome the guys down under, but also to "bump" this thread a few times.

They leave a massive void behind them. We have "lost" friends that will be sadly missed.

Australia, however, and Perth in particular, is genuinely gaining a couple of superb new residents. I am sure that all of you expats in Perth will make them welcome, and that they will prove to be a valuable addition to your local expat neighbourhood.

Thanks guys.......make them very welcome
"what lovely friends they have in you guys" .
im afraid i cant help as in qld .
but still wish them the best of luck , & im sure they will soon make friends .

xx debs xx
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:48 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debreeve
"what lovely friends they have in you guys" .
xx debs xx
Couldnt agree more, you are great friends, and you havent lost them, they are just living somewhere else!

We are in Perth, and if they are anywhere near us (Carine, NOR), they are welcome over for a barbie and a beer anytime!

They will make friends very quickly I am sure, its a great place to live!

ATB

Nicola
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:59 am
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Couldnt agree more, you are great friends, and you havent lost them, they are just living somewhere else!

We are in Perth, and if they are anywhere near us (Carine, NOR), they are welcome over for a barbie and a beer anytime!

They will make friends very quickly I am sure, its a great place to live!

ATB

Nicola
Hi

likewise - we are in Bullcreek, so if in our area, very welcome.

Hoops (mrs)
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome (some sleep cos u must be exhausted)
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:48 pm
Pre-Lim Search 4 Eden

The Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really niceThe Rowers is just really nice

Thanks for the positive responses so far guys.........

....they should've arrived about 4 hours ago, so I guess that they may very well be settling in for a good nights sleep soon!!!!!

I am not too sure what area of Perth they will be initially staying in...all that I know is that they will be "dossing" with Chris's Aunt who has been in Perth for several decades now.

Leo is a BBQ "slayer", so be careful all you people offering out your invites so freely.........he can single handedly devour large quantities of meat and Stella.......or I suppose Tooheys from now on
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Australia Leo & Chris
Old Sep 25th 2006, 7:06 am
Pre-Lim Search 4 Eden

Come on Guys.......You must have slept by now!!!!!

Put that new hard drive into that clockwork old laptop you took with you, log on, and complete your first "upside down" post!!!!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 11:09 am
LSH
Forum Regular

LSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Rowers
Come on Guys.......You must have slept by now!!!!!

Put that new hard drive into that clockwork old laptop you took with you, log on, and complete your first "upside down" post!!!!!!!
Well shame we didn't know you'd posted all this for us!! We were off line for quite some weeks so couldn't quite understand why you kept hinting at the expats site!!

So of course when we finally did get back to the land of the living, you're lovely post had moved on somewhat down the line and we never saw it!!

We are currently in the Mandurah area and have met up with several members of the expat community here who must have read some of these threads as their bbqs and stellas are being kept secret from us right now!!

Thank you to everyone for the belated welcome (well belated from our point of view) and especially to our fab friends the Rowers for thinking of us and our forthcoming adventures!!

Continuing on our journey!!

Thanks loads
Leo and Chris
x
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LSH
Well shame we didn't know you'd posted all this for us!! We were off line for quite some weeks so couldn't quite understand why you kept hinting at the expats site!!

So of course when we finally did get back to the land of the living, you're lovely post had moved on somewhat down the line and we never saw it!!

We are currently in the Mandurah area and have met up with several members of the expat community here who must have read some of these threads as their bbqs and stellas are being kept secret from us right now!!

Thank you to everyone for the belated welcome (well belated from our point of view) and especially to our fab friends the Rowers for thinking of us and our forthcoming adventures!!

Continuing on our journey!!

Thanks loads
Leo and Chris
x
Glad to hear youve settled in, hows it feel to have the sun on your back?
Good Luck with your new life down under as they say
Sam x
Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

I just wanted to say what a lovely thing that was for you to do for your friends and how nice that must have been for them to read when they finally got back online.

I really hope you're settling in and enjoying your new life in Perth - we'll be across beside you in 145 days (not that I'm counting) and you're welcome to my stella - just don't touch the bacardi!!!!!

Nikki
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:04 am
LSH
Forum Regular

LSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
I just wanted to say what a lovely thing that was for you to do for your friends and how nice that must have been for them to read when they finally got back online.

I really hope you're settling in and enjoying your new life in Perth - we'll be across beside you in 145 days (not that I'm counting) and you're welcome to my stella - just don't touch the bacardi!!!!!

Nikki
Hi guys, thanks a lot, look us up when you get here and we'll enjoy the stella, I'll supply the brandy!! and anyone else out there!

Yep we are settled in, and we have got such fab friends there who we miss soooooo much you wouldn't know but there we are we made the decision to have a few adventures and there was a price to pay for that one! so hopefully you guys will enjoy your time to, see you when you get here!!

Chris and Leo
x