Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My boss knows now..........

My boss knows now..........

Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:35 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default My boss knows now..........

My boss had me in his office yesterday for a quiet word.........he says that some senior manager (who shall remain nameless)had seen me doing nothing then i suddenly jumped up and pretended to look busy what a load of crap

My boss actually put him right and said the job that looked out of the ordinary is a normal op on the section and was not out of order.

I said is that it?

To which he replied no no there is aummat else.........what i said

He says that whenever he comes around there is a lot of talking and sitting around going on........to which he then pipes up and says i dnt know whatever is going on out of work but could it possibly stay there.....i asked what does that mean?

He says well he has heard whispers about moving going abroad etc etc........so i just spat it out at him and said hopefully we weill be going to Oz next year we have skills passed and just have to send VISA app off.

I then said to him if i was sat around talking then why am i the only one in the office being warned about it i must have been talking to someone else, and should he take a look aroung the shopfloor there are guys who do a bloody damn sight less then me......to which he replied but i am not there manager.

His parting words were dnt take it to heart just look at it like a quiet word in your ear. i said dnt take it to heart how do you expect me to feel?

He then said if there is anything we want/need to help with Oz just give him a shout.....i just laughed at him and said yer right.

At the end if today he still had not had anyone else in the office and i do not know who or even this senior manager existed.

I wonder if he just wanted to now for sure what my plans are and am i gonna have to steel myself reddy for a rocky few months ahead?

Knowing my boss the way i do he could just be a nosey b'stard who would be happy to make my life at work pretty crap TBH.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:10 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Re: My boss knows now..........

Yoinks! Sounds a bit dodgy.

Personally i'm quite looking forward to telling my boss i'm on my way (touch wood we get that far), but as soon as one person knows.....
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:51 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
My boss had me in his office yesterday for a quiet word.........he says that some senior manager (who shall remain nameless)had seen me doing nothing then i suddenly jumped up and pretended to look busy what a load of crap

My boss actually put him right and said the job that looked out of the ordinary is a normal op on the section and was not out of order.

I said is that it?

He says that whenever he comes around there is a lot of talking and sitting around going on........to which he then pipes up and says i dnt know whatever is going on out of work but could it possibly stay there.....i asked what does that mean?

He says well he has heard whispers about moving going abroad etc etc........so i just spat it out at him and said hopefully we weill be going to Oz next year we have skills passed and just have to send VISA app off.

I then said to him if i was sat around talking then why am i the only one in the office being warned about it i must have been talking to someone else, and should he take a look aroung the shopfloor there are guys who do a bloody damn sight less then me......to which he replied but i am not there manager.

His parting words were dnt take it to heart just look at it like a quiet word in your ear. i said dnt take it to heart how do you expect me to feel?

He then said if there is anything we want/need to help with Oz just give him a shout.....i just laughed at him and said yer right.

At the end if today he still had not had anyone else in the office and i do not know who or even this senior manager existed.

I wonder if he just wanted to now for sure what my plans are and am i gonna have to steel myself reddy for a rocky few months ahead?

Knowing my boss the way i do he could just be a nosey b'stard who would be happy to make my life at work pretty crap TBH.
Hi,

What a nightmare! We are at the same stage as you, just had the skills passed on Monday and ready to send off the Visa application.
Wanted to check with you whether you needed to send an employment confirmation letter with your application, our migration agent says that my OH needs a letter from his employer confirming dates worked there and duties of the position. We didnt really want to let his work know just yet as he gets bonuses over the year and dont want to miss out on the few he might get before we fly to Oz so wondered how you have got round this.

We are going on General Skilled 136 by the way.

Hope your boss lets up a bit!

Vikki
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Dont worry - I'm in the same frame of mind as you!!

I keep asking my husband (Gordon) if I can hand my notice in - and he keeps telling me to wait 2 more months (but he says 2 more months all the time!!!).

I sit about the place daydreaming - thinking what the hell am I doing there.

I've told a few people that I'm going - so no doubt the word will have spread by now.

We were asked to go for medicals/police checks today - so must be a bit closer to going now. I reckon at the end of this (all being well) - that will be it pretty much confirmed.

SO MAYBE IT WILL BE 2 MORE MONTHS THIS TIME- GETMEOUTOFHERE!!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:05 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=VikkiL]Hi,

What a nightmare! We are at the same stage as you, just had the skills passed on Monday and ready to send off the Visa application.
Wanted to check with you whether you needed to send an employment confirmation letter with your application, our migration agent says that my OH needs a letter from his employer confirming dates worked there and duties of the position. We didnt really want to let his work know just yet as he gets bonuses over the year and dont want to miss out on the few he might get before we fly to Oz so wondered how you have got round this.

We are going on General Skilled 136 by the way.

Hope your boss lets up a bit!

We got my leading hand to do my latest employment reference, we didnt use my manager for anything at all.

My manager doesnt even know what a surface grinder is called ha called it a bloody flattening machine.

the first thing he will know will be when i hand my notice in.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:07 pm
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Dont worry - I'm in the same frame of mind as you!!

I keep asking my husband (Gordon) if I can hand my notice in - and he keeps telling me to wait 2 more months (but he says 2 more months all the time!!!).

I sit about the place daydreaming - thinking what the hell am I doing there.

I've told a few people that I'm going - so no doubt the word will have spread by now.

We were asked to go for medicals/police checks today - so must be a bit closer to going now. I reckon at the end of this (all being well) - that will be it pretty much confirmed.

SO MAYBE IT WILL BE 2 MORE MONTHS THIS TIME- GETMEOUTOFHERE!!!!!
You should not have long togo now then G & L, all the best to you both on your adventure.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

I said is that it?

my work was ok about it. just wanted to know when i would be going. i told them i will give them two months notice.they was happy with that so i was lucky with that.but they had been traveling for some years so could see where i was coming from.but some people can be very nasty and try to move you out
all the best
Dave
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:22 pm
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by mad.chef
my work was ok about it. just wanted to know when i would be going. i told them i will give them two months notice.they was happy with that so i was lucky with that.but they had been traveling for some years so could see where i was coming from.but some people can be very nasty and try to move you out
all the best
Dave

It company policy to give them a months notice going by the length of time that i have been there, i would always do that as you never know it might come beck around and bite you on the ass :scared: .

i just hope he dnt make my life crap, i will just have to make sure that i dont give him a reason for dragging me into the office again.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

It company policy to give them a months notice going by the length of time that i have been there, i would always do that as you never know it might come beck around and bite you on the ass :scared: .

i just hope he dnt make my life crap, i will just have to make sure that i dont give him a reason for dragging me into the office again.
Weve been realy lucky with my OH boss, every now and again they just say to him "you still here then". quite funny realy.
Sam x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Is your boss David Brent?