Reload this Page >

Possible house for rent in Springfield Lakes

Possible house for rent in Springfield Lakes

Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:04 am
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default Possible house for rent in Springfield Lakes

Hi All

Just a quick mail really to find out if anyone would be interested in taking over the remainder of our lease in Springfield Lakes. We have 5 months of a 6 month lease left.
It is not definate yet but I have to make a decision soon. The rason for the move is I have now been offered a job up near North lakes so 70 km's is too far to travel every day.
The house is brand new and is 4 bedrooms, main with ensuite and walk in robe,second bathroom (shower + bath), living room, open plan kitchen with dining room, family room (second lounge). It has a small patio and both front and rear gardens are gravelled so no lawn maintenance. It also has a double remote lockup garage and all windows have vertical blinds.
We are in a really quiet area and Springfield Lakes is approx 30kms from Brisbane city. We currently pay $305 a week in rent and you would be required to pay 4 weeks bond and 2 weeks initial rent.
if anyone is interested please let me know and I can base my decision on your answers.
Cheers
Mark
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Re: Possible house for rent in Springfield Lakes

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi All

Just a quick mail really to find out if anyone would be interested in taking over the remainder of our lease in Springfield Lakes. We have 5 months of a 6 month lease left.
It is not definate yet but I have to make a decision soon. The rason for the move is I have now been offered a job up near North lakes so 70 km's is too far to travel every day.
The house is brand new and is 4 bedrooms, main with ensuite and walk in robe,second bathroom (shower + bath), living room, open plan kitchen with dining room, family room (second lounge). It has a small patio and both front and rear gardens are gravelled so no lawn maintenance. It also has a double remote lockup garage and all windows have vertical blinds.
We are in a really quiet area and Springfield Lakes is approx 30kms from Brisbane city. We currently pay $305 a week in rent and you would be required to pay 4 weeks bond and 2 weeks initial rent.
if anyone is interested please let me know and I can base my decision on your answers.
Cheers
Mark
We would of been interested but not out there until March sorry. But while your on the subject of Springfield lakes could you give me an honest opion of what that area is really like. I have a 7 year old little boy and i thought it might be good as i know the new school does nt open until next year i just thought he might settle better as everyone will be new! hes so worried about the school situation.

Thanks Sarah
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:13 am
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ormrod7
We would of been interested but not out there until March sorry. But while your on the subject of Springfield lakes could you give me an honest opion of what that area is really like. I have a 7 year old little boy and i thought it might be good as i know the new school does nt open until next year i just thought he might settle better as everyone will be new! hes so worried about the school situation.

Thanks Sarah
Hi
We really haven't been here that long only three weeks. We are literally around the corner from the new school, they are still building it and it is amazing how fast everything progresses here. We have just been to the Woodcrest College today and enrolled my son (12 yrs) for next january. My initial impressions of the school is terrible, kids seem unruly however one can't judge a book by its cover. We would have loved to have sent him to the private school which is $400 a month which isn't alot if you earn a good salary and maybe the wife works too. The difference between the schools was huge, obviously it is bound to be.
As for the area it is fantastic. We often go for strolls down to the lake and sit at the tearoom on the waters edge or my son and myself cycle down to the four tennis / basketball courts and have a game of tennis. the area is still being developed and a huge shopping complex is due to open next year and it is said to be the biggest here in Queensland with a phase 2 expansion due in the future so plenty of jobs going there when it opens!!
My wife loves the area but we really have to decide whether we make the move or not. Obviously food is needed on the table and jobs don't fall on your plate, however that is our decision. We have just finished unpacking our stuff from storage and looks like we will be packing it all up again. If you are bringing your stuff I must stress to pack in everything, we are sorry we never brought such things like camping chairs, ladders, silly stuff really that when you are setting up again you could do without paying out for. I even wish I had brought the workbench in my garage and the tool cupboard I had and as some advice pack it all in. The houses really are huge here and all our furniture only filled the corner!!!
One thing to note is that the broadband is available in Springfield lakes however there is a waiting list to be connected as basically you have to wait until someone switches their connection off before one becomes available. Because of this the goverment has launched a free scheme for wireless broadband and I have just had it installed for free, the only thing I bought was a wireless broadband modem with voip built in which allows us to use the internet (even when the computer is switched off) for phone calls in and out. This saves us signing up for a contract as these people have no contract period. Hope some of this info helps and you will love it here. One thing to note is its far to the coast if that worries you, probably a good hour to the nearest decent beach, thats why we are thinking more North now as I like fishing too and around here apart from the Brisbane River there is not much else places to fish.
Cheers
mark
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi All

Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark,
I will be looking for a house around Bris mid january or would that be too late?. Are you North of the city? What about pets? (dog)

Lou
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:38 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Sorry, not interested in your house but would like to welcome you to North Lakes if you come, my office is in Wacol which is close to you but thankfully i can work from home so i know how far away it is. If you need any info on north lakes then let me know.

cheers