Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please, please, please don't use PSS/Chess Transnational

Please, please, please don't use PSS/Chess Transnational

Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:22 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dmf
We used GB Liners in the UK and Movements International this end. Everything was well packed but we still had a few breakages - nothing major but annoying things e.g. one drawer from our bed, corner of tv stand, corner of fish tank stand, cback of chest of dawers. Our furniture was delivered middle of Sept and we have just received a cheque today from the insurance company. GB Liners made us an offer before putting our claim to the insurance company. It has taken quite a while to get it sorted and in the end I threatened them with a solicitor's letter as they weren't sorting it out.

They will probably offer you a compensation payment but not to the full value that you insured the items as they are not a write off. Bear with it and keep hounding them.

Dawn
Thanks Dawn, I will. Just used my bread machine tonight, was weighing the ingredients and discovered that the pointer on the scales is missing! Have no idea how they managed that.

Jane
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:08 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Used PSS once befoe and they were excellent. Guess it depends who, exactly, you get, people-wise.

:scared:
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

brisbane bronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

From the comments I have read, does it not seem that the Aus State you live in determines if you get a crappy 3rd/4th party delivery company as an agent of that ever-so-sweet company that promised the world back in the UK?

In that case, has anyone moved to Qld from UK who can recommend a good one?!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:23 am
PSS Int'l

Cool Reply from PSS

PSS are very disappointed to hear of the unfortunate problems/damages incurred by Jane Harrison in Australia, we are in receipt of your letter Jane which states 'quote' I have to say that the service I received from PSS was excellent. We are aware from the same letter that the service from the destination agent has not lived up to your expectations and has resulted in damages to your consignment. PSS are extremely sorry this has happened and note you have already contacted insurers. To assist you we have also sent all relevant documenation to insurers in the hope that they will expedite a speedy and satisafctory settlement of your claim.
Jane your complaint has been taken very seriously unfortunately your shipment was co-loaded with another company and the agent selected at destination was not PSS normal handling agent however as a result we have now issued instructions to every member of staff and our co-loading colleagues that PSS will no longer send shipments to the agent in question.

Thank you Jane for bringing your experience to our attention without feed-back from customers it would be impossible for us to make changes and to continue to offer the first class service PSS have built thier reputation on.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:04 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reply from PSS

Originally posted by PSS Int'l
PSS are very disappointed to hear of the unfortunate problems/damages incurred by Jane Harrison in Australia, we are in receipt of your letter Jane which states 'quote' I have to say that the service I received from PSS was excellent. We are aware from the same letter that the service from the destination agent has not lived up to your expectations and has resulted in damages to your consignment. PSS are extremely sorry this has happened and note you have already contacted insurers. To assist you we have also sent all relevant documenation to insurers in the hope that they will expedite a speedy and satisafctory settlement of your claim.
Jane your complaint has been taken very seriously unfortunately your shipment was co-loaded with another company and the agent selected at destination was not PSS normal handling agent however as a result we have now issued instructions to every member of staff and our co-loading colleagues that PSS will no longer send shipments to the agent in question.

Thank you Jane for bringing your experience to our attention without feed-back from customers it would be impossible for us to make changes and to continue to offer the first class service PSS have built thier reputation on.
Thanks for replying to this David, I noticed you browsing earlier. As I posted earlier in this thread, I always believed that Chess were responsible for the damage (after all, we witnessed them dropping the wall unit!) and not PSS. I'm glad to see that you won't be using them anymore.

By the way, we're supposed to be anonymous on here. No surnames are used. There are a lot of weirdos out there!

Jane
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:50 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reply from PSS

Originally posted by PSS Int'l

I have to say that I am encouraged by your replying here.

PSS have been one of the companies at the top of my list for quotes because of good reports in here previously. The adverse comment in this thread was a setback, but the fact that PSS monitors and replies is a good sign.