Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help medicals question

Please help medicals question

Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help medicals question

How much did ppl pay t have their medicals sent by recorded delivery/ couriered over to Australia?

IF you could post asap i'd be grateful

Thanks

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:32 pm
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Please help medicals question

Originally Posted by JenJen
How much did ppl pay t have their medicals sent by recorded delivery/ couriered over to Australia?

IF you could post asap i'd be grateful

Thanks

Jen
Hi there

mine was £20 per person from Cambridge to OZ. So it was £80 for all my family, quite expensive but the Nuffield Migration Services did all that for us.

Cheers

Nads
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nadineopotiki
Hi there

mine was £20 per person from Cambridge to OZ. So it was £80 for all my family, quite expensive but the Nuffield Migration Services did all that for us.

Cheers

Nads
OMG. Then the dr's have completely screwed it up for us.

When my husband arranged the medicals we had to go in two seperate appointments as they culdn't fit us all in together.

So me and hubby went first and he paid our costs on the day, he then said the medicals HAD to go by courier, she said that was fine and would be an extra £10, so when I took the kids that Saturday (hubby was working) I gave the email to the dr and made a point of saying that the email had on it the address of where the medicals had to be sent and that they HAD to go by courier.
The dr said that was fine.
Then when I went to pay I said again that the dr had the email with the address of where the medicals needed to be sent and that they had to go by courier and she said that was fine and I paid the remainder of the money including the £10 charge they asked for to send it by courier.

Well bloody guess what.

The medicals haven't been cleared because our case manager hasn't had them. OBVIOUSLY becuase the bloody stupid numpty's at the drs didnt' send them by courier.
My husband has had a go and demanded tp speak to the receptionist in charge of that section of the dr's and surprise surprise she hasn't called back.

Now it looks like we'll have to have EVERYTHING done again. mmmm Cause we have £700+ laying around don't we.

I don't know wether to cry or scream or go down and beat the bloody daylights out of the dr's.

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

dave and marie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I had to pay £55 to have my medicals sent by courier to Australia. My children and I had our medicals first then my husband had his about 2 weeks later. We informed the Dr's and they held onto all the medical stuff until the whole famiy were ready to be despatched.

Did the Dr's notify you who they were using and give a consignment number? According to the Immigration website my medicals were not received until beginning August - however, I know they were delivered at beginning of July because I tracked them using the consignment number given. When I explained this to my case officer he said there is such an influx in business applications that although the documents probably were were signed for and received in July - it could take up to six weeks for the Department to acknowledge receipt and enter that onto the computer. It drove me nuts!!!!

If the Dr's have not sent them recorded - I would be demanding everything to be repeated at no cost to me as it is their mistake!!! I know this doesn't help cos all you want is to get things sorted - but why should you have to find another £700+.

Hope this information helps!

Good Luck

Marie

OMG. Then the dr's have completely screwed it up for us.

When my husband arranged the medicals we had to go in two seperate appointments as they culdn't fit us all in together.

So me and hubby went first and he paid our costs on the day, he then said the medicals HAD to go by courier, she said that was fine and would be an extra £10, so when I took the kids that Saturday (hubby was working) I gave the email to the dr and made a point of saying that the email had on it the address of where the medicals had to be sent and that they HAD to go by courier.
The dr said that was fine.
Then when I went to pay I said again that the dr had the email with the address of where the medicals needed to be sent and that they had to go by courier and she said that was fine and I paid the remainder of the money including the £10 charge they asked for to send it by courier.

Well bloody guess what.

The medicals haven't been cleared because our case manager hasn't had them. OBVIOUSLY becuase the bloody stupid numpty's at the drs didnt' send them by courier.
My husband has had a go and demanded tp speak to the receptionist in charge of that section of the dr's and surprise surprise she hasn't called back.

Now it looks like we'll have to have EVERYTHING done again. mmmm Cause we have £700+ laying around don't we.

I don't know wether to cry or scream or go down and beat the bloody daylights out of the dr's.

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dave and marie
Hi,

I had to pay £55 to have my medicals sent by courier to Australia. My children and I had our medicals first then my husband had his about 2 weeks later. We informed the Dr's and they held onto all the medical stuff until the whole famiy were ready to be despatched.

Did the Dr's notify you who they were using and give a consignment number? According to the Immigration website my medicals were not received until beginning August - however, I know they were delivered at beginning of July because I tracked them using the consignment number given. When I explained this to my case officer he said there is such an influx in business applications that although the documents probably were were signed for and received in July - it could take up to six weeks for the Department to acknowledge receipt and enter that onto the computer. It drove me nuts!!!!

If the Dr's have not sent them recorded - I would be demanding everything to be repeated at no cost to me as it is their mistake!!! I know this doesn't help cos all you want is to get things sorted - but why should you have to find another £700+.

Hope this information helps!

Good Luck

Marie
Just spoken to the receptionist for that department and she said it should have cost £60 to have sent them by courier. I told her we'd have been happy to pay double that but we were told £10 so of course we assumed we were beng given the correct information. The blood tests were back for when I took the kids in for their medicals and I was told they had arranged for them to be sent on Monday.

I can't believe this, i've told her we don't have the money to have to re-do them and that my husbands employer is already getting fed up waiting, if there is a much further delay my husband will probably lose out on his job offer.

I just can't believe after my husband told them, I told them and I asked them to keep the email with the medicals so they knew where it had to be sent and by what method - all detailed out really clearly in the email.
We couldn't have made it any clearer without spelling it out in bloody marker pen on their foreheads.

My husband is livid, I feel like I could cry and to top it off littlen was up all half of last night - really poorly and has been really whingey and clingy today - not great when you're trying to sort out why some incompetant idiots have quite possibly messed up our chances of a life in Australia
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I'm probably just being thick here! Have they despatched your forms and if so by what means? You have paid £10 for some form of despatch, can they prove (the Dr's) that they have actually been sent?

It's not easy, and believe me, the hardest thing for the visa application (In my experience) was the bloody medicals! Once this is done, unfortunately it is just a waiting game from them on in. And I can completely empathise with you about your little one - trying to sort out your whole life and still keep things going is bloody hard - but you can do it and it will be worth it!

Marie

Just spoken to the receptionist for that department and she said it should have cost £60 to have sent them by courier. I told her we'd have been happy to pay double that but we were told £10 so of course we assumed we were beng given the correct information. The blood tests were back for when I took the kids in for their medicals and I was told they had arranged for them to be sent on Monday.

I can't believe this, i've told her we don't have the money to have to re-do them and that my husbands employer is already getting fed up waiting, if there is a much further delay my husband will probably lose out on his job offer.

I just can't believe after my husband told them, I told them and I asked them to keep the email with the medicals so they knew where it had to be sent and by what method - all detailed out really clearly in the email.
We couldn't have made it any clearer without spelling it out in bloody marker pen on their foreheads.

My husband is livid, I feel like I could cry and to top it off littlen was up all half of last night - really poorly and has been really whingey and clingy today - not great when you're trying to sort out why some incompetant idiots have quite possibly messed up our chances of a life in Australia
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

Sorry, I'm probably just being thick here! Have they despatched your forms and if so by what means? You have paid £10 for some form of despatch, can they prove (the Dr's) that they have actually been sent?

It's not easy, and believe me, the hardest thing for the visa application (In my experience) was the bloody medicals! Once this is done, unfortunately it is just a waiting game from them on in. And I can completely empathise with you about your little one - trying to sort out your whole life and still keep things going is bloody hard - but you can do it and it will be worth it!

Marie
Apparently they don't send it by courier from that surgery !!!!!!!!!
They send it by standard post unless they are asked to send it by courier which we bloody did but apparently she wasn't told that.

I could scream cause now we don't know where it is, when it was received or anything or even if it was lost in the post.

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

OMG What a nightmare - I don't know what else to suggest - you don't have anything to chase the Department of Immigration with. The only thing I could suggest is make sure they do it all again for FREE and this time send them by courier.

I wish you all the luck. Keep me posted how things go! Hope your little one gets better soon.

Take care
Marie

Apparently they don't send it by courier from that surgery !!!!!!!!!
They send it by standard post unless they are asked to send it by courier which we bloody did but apparently she wasn't told that.

I could scream cause now we don't know where it is, when it was received or anything or even if it was lost in the post.

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

OMG What a nightmare - I don't know what else to suggest - you don't have anything to chase the Department of Immigration with. The only thing I could suggest is make sure they do it all again for FREE and this time send them by courier.

I wish you all the luck. Keep me posted how things go! Hope your little one gets better soon.

Take care
Marie
Talk about drive you up the flippin wall.
Can she call us tomorrow, NO cause we're out in London with the kids ALL DAY been booked and paid for for ages. and we used some of their birthday money to pay for the trip as it's for them. She got quite huffy about that.

She has said we should be able to find out from the DIAC website when it was received. Well she's obviously not used that website cause I can't find anything of the sort. Beginning to wonder if she actually knows what the bloody hell she's doing.
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OMG hitting my head on a brick wall.

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Jen, have they sent them by Royal mail? and if so have they given you a tracking number.
Christina
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by christina225
Jen, have they sent them by Royal mail? and if so have they given you a tracking number.
Christina
There isn't one cause it went through standard post

Jen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

There isn't one cause it went through standard post

Jen
No, what bog standard post ? surely not. Oh Jen I hope you get this sorted, I'm sure you will.
Have a lovely time in London tomorrow and try and forget about it for one day.
Christina X