Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please advise Melbourne suburbs with Pakistani community?

Please advise Melbourne suburbs with Pakistani community?

Old Aug 4th 2012, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Kangroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please advise Melbourne suburbs with Pakistani community?

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could please share couple of good Melbourne suburbs whith Pakistani community? I greatly appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Old Aug 4th 2012, 12:25 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please advise Melbourne suburbs with Pakistani community?

Originally Posted by Kangroo
Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could please share couple of good Melbourne suburbs whith Pakistani community? I greatly appreciate your help.

Cheers,
I don't know if this helps but there is a huge Indian community in Point Cook and Tarneit area and Caroline Springs to some extent.I've been going into about 2 homes a week for the last 12 months with work and I'd say about 50% have been Indian.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I don't know if this helps but there is a huge Indian community in Point Cook and Tarneit area and Caroline Springs to some extent.I've been going into about 2 homes a week for the last 12 months with work and I'd say about 50% have been Indian.
^ Not sure it helps the OP, they have nukes pointed at each other

Have a look at this http://pakaus.com.au/index.php
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOE2010
Knows what suburbs to avoid now?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Knows what suburbs to avoid now?
Oops, in that sense it is really helpful...
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Dandenong gets a mention here but unfortunately not for the best of reasons.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:03 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOE2010

Have a look at this http://pakaus.com.au/index.php
Yeah I know all about the nukes.
I have a crazy Russian neighbour who waves a model of an IBM over the fence at me and shouts'we should have blown you all to kingdom come' It's always on St Pats day when we're having a party.Work that one out.
Personally I think it would be better not to go down that route of trying to be with your 'own' people.This can lead to isolation rather than integration.
OP hasn't said if he's Muslim or not but there is an Islamic school and mosque in point cook.Also Newport has a large Muslim community.
Sikh and ye shall find.

Last edited by ukecadet; Aug 5th 2012 at 12:25 am.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:49 am
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

Clayton, Mount Waverley and Notting Hill have a sizeable population from the Middle east / Afghanistan / Pakistan community, at my 4 year old's Kinder I would say half the kids families would originate in that region. they had a "country of origin" display in the main room with all the kids names in the countries of origin and Afghanistan was second only to Australia, with Sudan pretty high up there and Pakistan with a decent showing. Of course there were also quite a few from China, the Philippines and Vietnam, but that's part of the charm of Melbourne.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

golgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nicegolgo13 is just really nice

To the OP as mentioned do not isolate yourself, integration is the key.

Pretty much anywhere but the eastern suburbs if you must