Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plastering Moving to Perth in August any Advice?

Plastering Moving to Perth in August any Advice?

Old May 4th 2011, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Plastering Moving to Perth in August any Advice?

Hi

I am looking to move out to Perth at the end of August and have over 20 years experience in the plastering industry.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about things when I arrive. For example finding work and getting all the necessary paperwork together.

Also, my plastering tools will be coming with my shipping container is it worth taking any tools in my suitcase so that I can at least start work in the first few weeks of arriving out there. Or would it be worth buying new.

I would be grateful for any info

Kind Regards

Shaun
Old May 14th 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Steve Portelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plastering Moving to Perth in August any Advice?

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi

I am looking to move out to Perth at the end of August and have over 20 years experience in the plastering industry.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about things when I arrive. For example finding work and getting all the necessary paperwork together.

Also, my plastering tools will be coming with my shipping container is it worth taking any tools in my suitcase so that I can at least start work in the first few weeks of arriving out there. Or would it be worth buying new.

I would be grateful for any info

Kind Regards

Shaun
Hi Shaun, you should be able to borrow tools for the interim....suggest Plunkett Homes, JWH Group, Dale Alcock, Ross North...hopefully by August we should be weell on our way for a recovery in building... it has been flat for a couple of years now. There is pent up demaind i feel ther should be a mini boom soon. Ring up the builders as they are mostly gone before a need to advertise. Get hold of the web addresess and fire off some emails as soon as you arrive. Cheers, Steve