Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plasterers / Tilers advice - especially Perth

Plasterers / Tilers advice - especially Perth

Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all
Default Plasterers / Tilers advice - especially Perth

I'd like some advice from plasterers who might be able to tell me the demand for british trained plasterers . I'm currently living in Essex and planning on returning to Perth at some point in the future . i am an Aus citizen .

I'm thinking of doing a course which covers City and Guilds and NvQ in plastering and covers all the elements you would expect including floor screeding and tiling .

I suppose it's a case of who you know a lot of the time but is there much work in this area .

Thanks for any help.

Dave
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all
Default Re: Plasterers / Tilers advice - especially Perth

Anyone ?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Depending on who you talk to work doesn't seem to have slowed down. My hubby is 6 days a week at the moment with more work lined up. He's wall and floor tiling but also studying so his 6 days are coming from college holidays. Even with that he's always had plenty of work offered.

Others will say work is quiet - I know a while a go the brickies in particular were finding it hard.

I think it is a case of getting here and visiting all the sites and talking to the gaffer.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Depending on who you talk to work doesn't seem to have slowed down. My hubby is 6 days a week at the moment with more work lined up. He's wall and floor tiling but also studying so his 6 days are coming from college holidays. Even with that he's always had plenty of work offered.

Others will say work is quiet - I know a while a go the brickies in particular were finding it hard.

I think it is a case of getting here and visiting all the sites and talking to the gaffer.
Thanks . Woodvale is a suburb we're looking at moving to , if you don't mind your husband might be a good contact to have nearer the time.

In the meantime have a pint for me in the sixpence .
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Sure. No problem. Give us a shout when you get here.

Good luck.