Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Planning the big move

Planning the big move

Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Skippy9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning the big move

Hi everyone hope you are all having a great day.

My name is Hamish and im a 30 year old Nurse from Scotland. Im married to kerry who is also a nurse (mental health , im in intensive care) and we have a son called Fergus. Kerry and i have both been to australia on a WHV in 2004/2005, but have now decided we would like to make the big move over. I have looked at visa's and we are going to go for the 175 or 176, i know the points change in july but we will have enough either way. We have booked to do our ilets in july and are studying hard for them. The question i want to ask is, we are looking to come to the Brisbane/gold coast area and was wondering if anyone could give us advice on what is a good family area? We are both sporty couples, and love to socialize, hope to be out in Jan 2013 so son will be nearing starting school, would like to be near a beach but that is not a must. Do have family in the Pullenvale regoin of Brisbane so would like to be within 30mins drive of them and oh yeah pretty near a hospital.

Thanks for your time.

Hamish
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:39 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning the big move

Welcome Hamish & clan to the forum.

I am in Vic, so cant really help with questions on Brissy/gold coast, but being sporty in Australia will definitely help you to meet new people.

The nursing profession is in demand over here, so getting the visa should hopefully be no major hurdle (even if they do move the goal posts again) and finding work never seems to be an issue for people in the health profession.

Good luck with everything, and i'm sure both nurses & QLD'ers will pop by soon and give you plenty of tips.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning the big move

Hi Hamish!
Doubt very much that you will have any problems getting work but here is the website to look at:
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/workforus/

Sorry can't help with where you want to live as I am just na little further north

Good luck