Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Place down under - TV Tonight 9pm

A Place down under - TV Tonight 9pm

Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default A Place down under - TV Tonight 9pm

2 episodes of A Place Down Under on Discovery Home and Leisure Channel at 9pm tonight. NTL 133. Not sure of Sky channel. Not sure if they are repeats, but always worth watching again.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Place down under - TV Tonight 9pm

Do you know what the channel number is for the original cable box?

Shona
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by micky
Do you know what the channel number is for the original cable box?

Shona

channel numbers are:

Sky = 133
ntl = 133/304
twest = 271

Not sure what u mean by original cable box. These numbers ra ethe ones listed in my tv guide. If not one of yours, then you will have to search through the channels
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

i've had the same cable box for years and for eg. disney channel is 33, discovery channel is 25
Thanks anyway, i'll search through
cheers, Shona
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: A Place down under - TV Tonight 9pm

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
2 episodes of A Place Down Under on Discovery Home and Leisure Channel at 9pm tonight. NTL 133. Not sure of Sky channel. Not sure if they are repeats, but always worth watching again.

Thanks for the info - will be watching and getting more broody to go no doubt !!!!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Doh, it clashes with two other progs at 9pm...will watch the fisrt 5 mins to see if its a repeat..... Sky+ only allows you to record 2 progs at once...which other one to lose???
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:48 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Doh, it clashes with two other progs at 9pm...will watch the fisrt 5 mins to see if its a repeat..... Sky+ only allows you to record 2 progs at once...which other one to lose???

Thet are repeats and coming to the end of a series .
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Its repeated at 10 on the 134 sky- discovery home and leisure if itsn any help
Chris
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:24 pm
toocheeky

Thanks guys for the reminder.

Even if its a repeat I dont care! Any opportunity to see Australia on TV is fine by me!

Cheers,
Karen
x

PS Until we get there that is.....

Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Is it just me or were those family's the most miserable bunch of w*$£%rs ever. Why on earth did they waste all that time and money going to start with ?. Ah well the second programme may be better.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:07 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say after watching this programme the first and now the repeats, it does show how hard it can be if you have kids that move back to the UK and I do have some sympathy for some of the families. Others however make you realise where the phrase whinging pom comes from and make me curdle with embarressment
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

The one that went to Perth was a right miserable old moose. Face like a slapped arse most of the time. Just get on with it......When in Rome and all that!!

The other one who was on her 43rd husband with the two kids.....I actually quite liked her. Some people just need a break.
As for her son and his stupid hair.....did she never hear the story of samson and delilah.

Wait till he goes to sleep and shave the greasy bloody barnet!!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:34 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

You know if you saw this show for the first time you might be forgiven for thinking what a crap place oz must be, its a good job we have been out and seen for ourselves and are able to make an informed decision. The producers of this show seem to have picked the most negative people they can find. I know it doesnt work out for everyone that makes this mamouth journey but they could try showing some positive points.
Ok rant over, Ta! phew i needed that lol.

Nev.