Reload this Page >

A Place Down Under CH4 5.00pm 27 July

A Place Down Under CH4 5.00pm 27 July

Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:30 am
Just Joined

welsh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Place Down Under CH4 5.00pm 27 July

Originally Posted by Bix
Both Bix and I saw the show yesterday - can't wait to see the one where you meet KISS! Shame you missed their arrival wasn't it! But meeting them must have made up for that I suppose.

I'm still waiting to see Robbie Williams, one day my dream will come true

You and the other family, the guy with son and daughter who had lost their Mum, appear to be the most down to earth of all the ones they chose to film!

Strangely enough, both of you seem to be the ones who have settled and enjoyed your move the most - no precomceptions just getting on with it and making the most of where you are - great for you

Looking forward to 5.30 for the next installment

Take care
Bix da Boss
Thanks for the nice comments, hope you like the Kiss meeting as much as i did. KISS rock.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
Saw him last year - he even took his trousers off right in front of me, shame I had had too much too drink too fully enjoy him

Ok, my husband and a few other people were there too....

You lucky lady

I'm very, very jealous ! !

Heard that Robbie is possibly going to do another tour in the next couple of years, I sincerely hope so, will definately have to try to see him then!

Fingers and toes crossed

---
Welsh1

Next installment not on now until next Tuesday! Still waiting to see you with KISS

Yes, I've heard they do ROCK

B da B
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's at 8pm...

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The show is actually at 8pm, not 5pm. We were planning to go out for early dinner with the inlaws then realized we might miss the show. Just did a quick check on the TV guide and channel 4's website. So we're not going to miss it after all...

Others who are planning on watching it make sure you have the right time.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

I think it depends on where you are in the conutry, here in Wales it's on at 5pm on Channell 4.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's at 8pm...

Originally Posted by anypan
I think it depends on where you are in the conutry, here in Wales it's on at 5pm on Channell 4.

Hi
Yes you are right.
Here in sunny Cornwall its usually on at 5.30pm C4, this week Mon, Tues. and Wed. due to the blasted cricket again, and next week they said from Tuesday - mixed up or what!

I know someone has mentioned this before, but just as a matter of interest, the programme on BBC2 'Get A New Life' is on again tonight at 8pm, with Sydney being the subject place - we'll be watching with interest

Happy viewing
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:10 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you still a postman ??, We thought the tv program was a good insite into moving over here. We thought Mandy Skeggs was fantastic, Rachal Russel lives round the corner, and is doing fine, Do you or any body else know how the lady from Blackpool with the 2 kids that moved to the Gold Coast is doing ???
Rob
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:45 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robertd
Do you or any body else know how the lady from Blackpool with the 2 kids that moved to the Gold Coast is doing ???
Rob
She got her PR visa in the end - her other half moved back in but police were called to a domestic (after which he moved out), which is why I think DIMIA gave her the visa even though she was no longer in the relationship. Her eldest get fed up went back to UK but then returned to Oz.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Are you still a postman ??, We thought the tv program was a good insite into moving over here. We thought Mandy Skeggs was fantastic, Rachal Russel lives round the corner, and is doing fine, Do you or any body else know how the lady from Blackpool with the 2 kids that moved to the Gold Coast is doing ???
Rob
Yes i am still a postman and it is cold delivering in melbourne at the moment, We enjoyed making the show and glad you liked it.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:27 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you walk or ride one ofthose motor bikes, ifyou ride one of thoses bikes what a spot on job
Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Do you walk or ride one ofthose motor bikes, ifyou ride one of thoses bikes what a spot on job
I ride a motorbike and yes it is a spot on job.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:11 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welsh1
It really is excellent here but we really do miss wind street, we are from llansamlet in swansea. we have been here 2yrs
We live in Bridgend but I often go to Llansamlet due to friends and shopping in the estate. Glad to hear you are still enjoying it out there though.

Sasha
Old Aug 17th 2004, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Spannerman is an unknown quantity at this point

I ride a motorbike and yes it is a spot on job.
Hi Tony,

Nice to know you are doing okay, I saw the show today 5:30pm Ch4 for the first time and was wondering what emigration grounds you went through in order to be eligable to move to OZ ?

Cheers

Spannerman
Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Well Tony!

Saw the programme yesterday (Tuesday) the one where you met 'KISS'

You where under their spell, in total admiration of them, what did you think of their reaction to you as an avid fan Tony? Did the prog edit some of the best bits?

Loved their make-up and costumes, great gear for the stage

You said you were going to one of their performances on the prog - well what did you think - did they come up to your expectations or what

You are good at one liners Tony - lets have a bit more info please

Rock, rock, rock!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spannerman

Hi Tony,

Nice to know you are doing okay, I saw the show today 5:30pm Ch4 for the first time and was wondering what emigration grounds you went through in order to be eligable to move to OZ ?

Cheers

Spannerman
My parents originally emigrated here in 1982 with myself and my brother. First my brother went back and then my parents. When my mother contracted Motor Neurone Disease I too went back to the UK. My mother died a few years back and I eventually decided to come back here. I applied at Australia house in London and they granted me a return visa.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Well Tony!

Saw the programme yesterday (Tuesday) the one where you met 'KISS'

You where under their spell, in total admiration of them, what did you think of their reaction to you as an avid fan Tony? Did the prog edit some of the best bits?

Loved their make-up and costumes, great gear for the stage

You said you were going to one of their performances on the prog - well what did you think - did they come up to your expectations or what

You are good at one liners Tony - lets have a bit more info please

Rock, rock, rock!!
Meeting Kiss was fantastic they were really nice to me as they didnt have a lot of time to spare,obviously the meeting went on longer than was shown but had to be cut down for the show. I went to the symphony concert and it was fantastic there is a dvd out of the show, check it out. Yes they came up to my expectations, i have seen them live a few times and each time they are fantastic and put on a awesome show. Did you see me on 'RISE' channel 4 in december talking about the meeting as i was back home for christmas.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Meeting Kiss was fantastic they were really nice to me as they didnt have a lot of time to spare,obviously the meeting went on longer than was shown but had to be cut down for the show. I went to the symphony concert and it was fantastic there is a dvd out of the show, check it out. Yes they came up to my expectations, i have seen them live a few times and each time they are fantastic and put on a awesome show. Did you see me on 'RISE' channel 4 in december talking about the meeting as i was back home for christmas.
Hello agai Welsh1!

Glad you enjoyed the show

No I didn't see 'RISE', only the programme shown this week. Ya thats the trouble with these 1/2 hr programmes,(with adverts inbetween)! they go over the same stuff all the time and then don't leave enough space for 'new' bits - its beginning to get on our nerves actually - made us feel like not bothering to watch the rest as they repeat so much

We hope by the end of this 'series' of 1/2 hr progs, we actually get to know how these families are now

Anyway, take care all of you - keep posting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.