British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   A Place Down Under CH4 5.00pm 27 July (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/place-down-under-ch4-5-00pm-27-july-243542/)

DollyDaydream Jul 21st 2004 6:35 am

A Place Down Under CH4 5.00pm 28 July

Just noticed a new series on emigrating. This series is about 8 families moving to Australia and the first episode has the Elliots, Russells and Singletons.

Anyone know if the families post on here?

D D

debsy Jul 21st 2004 6:43 am

Re: A Place Down Under CH4 5.00pm 27 July

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Just noticed a new series on emigrating. This series is about 8 families moving to Australia and the first episode has the Elliots, Russells and Singletons.

Anyone know if the families post on here?

D D
I think one of them posted on here last year. Some people made comments about her and then she came on the forum:eek:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...l&pagenumber=9
Have a read.

bridiej Jul 21st 2004 7:23 am

Ooh, thanks for that, will go now and put them in my personal planner so I dont forget! ;)

DollyDaydream Jul 21st 2004 7:32 am

Originally posted by debsy
I think one of them posted on here last year. Some people made comments about her and then she came on the forum:eek:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...l&pagenumber=9
Have a read.
Debsy

Getting a bit confused (what a shocker!!). Are you saying this prog with these families has been on before? Now you come to mention it I do remember seeing the series featuring the russells so I wonder if it's repeated (although it states it is a 'new' show) or a follow up of the series last year? My head hurts.

D D

PS that thread was a long one!!! Gave up after a while but got the gist :scared:

debsy Jul 21st 2004 7:46 am

Debsy

Getting a bit confused (what a shocker!!). Are you saying this prog with these families has been on before? Now you come to mention it I do remember seeing the series featuring the russells so I wonder if it's repeated (although it states it is a 'new' show) or a follow up of the series last year? My head hurts.

D D

PS that thread was a long one!!! Gave up after a while but got the gist :scared:
Yes Dolly,
I think the one this week is an update from the previous programme.

DollyDaydream Jul 21st 2004 7:48 am

Yes Dolly,
I think the one this week is an update from the previous programme.

Ta everso for the clarification :D

Bix Jul 21st 2004 7:56 am

Isn't it about time they did "A Place Up Over" just to show some reciprocation to our Australasian mates ? :D

JayDeee Jul 21st 2004 8:10 am

Does anyone know if Rachel and her family are still out in Australia? Or am I gonna have to wait until the new show starts.

Kala

CHnJ Jul 21st 2004 8:58 am

Well the listing in one of the papers said something along the lines of "despite domestic violence and divorce the families are all making a go of it in Australia" ... that was a bit of an eye-opener! I'll be tuning in anyway for any survival hints (other than karate obviously ):eek:

debsy Jul 21st 2004 7:26 pm

Ta everso for the clarification :D
Thats Ok dolly:D
I cannot watch this tonight but my mate is taping it so I will get to see it on Monday.

robertd Jul 21st 2004 7:37 pm

Originally posted by kala
Does anyone know if Rachel and her family are still out in Australia? Or am I gonna have to wait until the new show starts.

Kala

They are still in varsity, her children go to our kids schools, it would be good to see a update on how thing are going with them, Mandy skegs in Perth was fantastic, shooting straight from the hip

debsy Jul 21st 2004 7:39 pm

Originally posted by robertd
They are still in varsity, her children go to our kids schools, it would be good to see a update on how thing are going with them, Mandy skegs in Perth was fantastic, shooting straight from the hip
Come on hen Louisa
What happened to them - is he still there?

How are you by the way?

debsy Jul 21st 2004 7:39 pm

Come on then Louisa

How are you by the way?

robertd Jul 21st 2004 11:01 pm

Come on then Louisa

How are you by the way?
This is Rob the one who cant spell
The Russells seem to be doing fine, i think Rachall has a new boyfriend, good luck to her, we would not to have been on tv as everybody would think we were loonys, and as for our children, say no more. Louisa is at work in Target, Robina for the Toy sale, for 3 days, not bad taken 1 year to get a job and its for 3 days, she hopes it will leed on to something, so if anybody is in Robina pop in to Target and say hello to her, shes the english one on on the door

debsy Jul 22nd 2004 12:05 am

This is Rob the one who cant spell
The Russells seem to be doing fine, i think Rachall has a new boyfriend, good luck to her, we would not to have been on tv as everybody would think we were loonys, and as for our children, say no more. Louisa is at work in Target, Robina for the Toy sale, for 3 days, not bad taken 1 year to get a job and its for 3 days, she hopes it will leed on to something, so if anybody is in Robina pop in to Target and say hello to her, shes the english one on on the door
Glad to hear that Loisa has got a job now Rob.

I will be popping into Target when I arrive:D