Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pipefitter looking forwork

pipefitter looking forwork

Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

GARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really nice
Default pipefitter looking forwork

What is happening on the work issue, been looking for work as a pipe fitter, but it seems as if all the work has dried up, I am living in the UK about to leave for Australia, (I do have a 176 visa) but starting to get worried about not finding a job,
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:47 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: pipefitter looking forwork

Thiess are building the de,sal in Victoria, IF you get on that
Site you will be on the best paid job in Victoria if not Australia

http://www.thiess.com.au/careers/view/747534

Won't be easy getting a start, but worth trying, good luck.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:57 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GARRYP1302
What is happening on the work issue, been looking for work as a pipe fitter, but it seems as if all the work has dried up, I am living in the UK about to leave for Australia, (I do have a 176 visa) but starting to get worried about not finding a job,
be prepared for a battle that might take a time, make sure you have enough money to live on until you get job
Old Jun 12th 2011, 2:43 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Do we need two threads on this topic?
I understand your frustration and concern but starting a new thread hoping to get an answer you like won't happen!
Old Jun 12th 2011, 3:01 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Do we need two threads on this topic?
I understand your frustration and concern but starting a new thread hoping to get an answer you like won't happen!
Sorry just realized you didn't start the other thread
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

take a bible with you your need it.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by eugene43
take a bible with you your need it.
Cant be that bad surely,is it hard to find work then,i thought things where getting busy over there?
I was over there in 2004 on a working holiday visa i know some years ago got a job very easy and got offered a few others,but was happy with the first job,in which i just wanted extra money to travel with.
I have a pr visa and have had it for almost 3 yrs now,still not made my move,i probably have been lucky here in the uk kept busy with work,but does worry me a little that i go over there and struggle to find work.

I will keep a watch on this post more so me being a pipefitter myself and also planning on going there next year.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

GARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really nice

Hello Brian, I have written to and phoned from UK a great number of company's looking for work, and so far I have not any luck at all, I am getting the impression all this talk of a skills shortage is just a gimmick from the Australian government to money from the visas that they sell, think about it £900 per visa
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi Gary,

If you are a Pipe Fitter Welder let me know (Pipe Welding) they are like Hens Teeth here, might be able to help if so.

Cheers,

Rob.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rob, I can tack weld but I am not a welder,I tend to work more on the small stuff 316 stainless steel, , but with 27 years experience, I can bend pipe, fabricate pipe and install it of any size, if you can find me work I would be most grateful
Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Because it's so hard for an employer to obtain a workers visa they are reluctant to sponsor anyone. If they have bothered to do so it normally means they cannot obtain an Australian worker and that is usualy because they are a shyte employer.

If you do have your PR visa (Brian W) then again they are reluctant to employ you until you actually arrive.

Most employers don't understand the different visa's and if your applying from offshore, even with a valid visa, then they think there's something up.

By far the best way to emmigrate is to apply of your own bat for a PR visa then come out here and get a job. British pipefitters are well regarded in Australia as they do not have a similar trade here.

Keel