Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pipe Dreams (long winded)!!!!!!!

Pipe Dreams (long winded)!!!!!!!

Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

kathk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pipe Dreams (long winded)!!!!!!!

Moving to Australia just feels like a pipe dream.
My sister finally got her perminent residency visa in may and left with her husband in July to Warnbro south of Perth

My little brother is now out there on a working visa and my twin brother is in the process of applying for his visa (He's a baker)

My husband, 3 young children and I are sooooo desperate to go out there and we have been trying for the last year.

My husband is a nurse but he's an enrolled nurse. He has a high position in theatres and is the clinical lead. (now the down side) He has been desperately trying to get on a conversion course for the past year. With no luck.

We have looked on the skill list and saw welfare workers need.. Yippee, we thought! I work in that line of work and have done for the past 13 years and am studying for my NVQ 4 in Health and Social care. When i telephoned the assessment centre in Sydney to find out what was needed i felt gutted by the time i came off the phone. He didn't sound too enthusiastic and said that he had never assessed Health and Social Care.

Please, anyone, help as we are one desperate seeking family for a life in Oz.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default Re: Pipe Dreams (long winded)!!!!!!!

You really, really need to speak to some agents. They generally do an initial consultations for free, and you can use this consultation to decide who you want to go with/ if you need an agent/ if you have a chance at all. Get all your qualifications gathered up, and e-mail a bunch. The immigration board has some agents who post, and lots of recommendations as well.

I'm not an expert by any extent of the imagination, but if you can get to Oz, then an agent will get you a visa.

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:05 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
You really, really need to speak to some agents. They generally do an initial consultations for free, and you can use this consultation to decide who you want to go with/ if you need an agent/ if you have a chance at all. Get all your qualifications gathered up, and e-mail a bunch. The immigration board has some agents who post, and lots of recommendations as well.

I'm not an expert by any extent of the imagination, but if you can get to Oz, then an agent will get you a visa.

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!
Seconded... call a reputable agent and get their advice / assessment.

Ian Harrop & Associates (we used them, faultless)

George Lombard (recommended by many on here)

At least you'll know where you stand by someone who knows how the process works step by step, rather than some non-entity on the end of the phone.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:20 pm
Starting a journey...

chalky13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, not wishing to jump in on your thread, but thanks Dave for the agent recommendations. My family and I are in a position where we really want to move, but just don't know if we can do it or where to start.

I guess in part, its a big step into the unknown initially, but until you find places like this, you don't realise how many are on the case already!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:26 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chalky13
Hi, not wishing to jump in on your thread, but thanks Dave for the agent recommendations. My family and I are in a position where we really want to move, but just don't know if we can do it or where to start.

I guess in part, its a big step into the unknown initially, but until you find places like this, you don't realise how many are on the case already!
No problem.

There's loads of helpful people on this forum and the advice most give is invaluble.

If you want to look into whether you are eligible for a visa call an agent, but there's a number of other ways to move to Oz (sponsored visa etc).

Both agents I mentioned have websites.

Good luck with whatever you decide (just don't leave a thread about leaving debt behind in the UK and you'll be fine!).
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:35 pm
Starting a journey...

chalky13 is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE] Good luck with whatever you decide (just don't leave a thread about leaving debt behind in the UK and you'll be fine!).[/QUOTE]

No, we understand that its no cash cow to emigrate and leave financial worries behind. Thankfully we have lived in our current house long enough to pretty much finance our move and (fingers crossed) give a reasonable payment to any future Oz home

But we just want to get the lifestyle and from what we understand, we can give our 2 boys a real good future opportunity!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:43 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

Originally Posted by chalky13
No, we understand that its no cash cow to emigrate and leave financial worries behind. Thankfully we have lived in our current house long enough to pretty much finance our move and (fingers crossed) give a reasonable payment to any future Oz home

But we just want to get the lifestyle and from what we understand, we can give our 2 boys a real good future opportunity!
Our little lad is one of the reasons we want to go, plus we've been a couple of times and love the place. Australia isn't perfect and I don't believe anywhere is, it'll just be perfect for us at this time in our life. Nothing ventured and all that.

As I've said already, good luck with whatever you decide and good luck for the future.

(Big apologies to the OP for a total thread hijack!)
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice

Hi

I would try contacting Perth hospitals direct for sponsorship. A friend of a friend was a Enrolled nurse and got sponsored for four years and now has residency.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

kathk is an unknown quantity at this point

We tried loads of hospitals in perth and surrounding areas and they all said that they couldnt sponsor due to not being registered

will def try again.

Also thanks to everyone that has replyed