Pingy Pongy

Old May 27th 2019, 2:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pingy Pongy

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Well I wasn't going to bother as think OP as mind made up, just wanting some confirmation to support decision to return. Fair enough. But hardly fair not to correct mistakes above. The economy is far from great. The re election of government will do nothing to alleviate the problems ahead, apart from causing greater division. The Aussie dollar is being down graded for a reason. That reason being the economy is doing poorly, with odds in favour of a recession next year. There are so many factors at play both internal and external few would care to predict any improvement and will be fortunate to tread water.
In my view the economics alone would make it concerning to ditch good jobs to come out in times of such uncertainty.

Yes drugs are a massive industry in WA. Suburbs don't play to much a part unless looking at the bottom of the market. The dealers/distributers live in middle class suburbs, drive very expensive cars, I've noticed Hillux being fairly common, but sporing type cars , new model BMW's even work vans with logo on sides, all may go towards disguising intent. Hours of operation starts usually around midnight and picks up in the wee hours. Now there is certainly a growth activity in high demand with potential ,, if don't end up in prison.

Gangs don't exist the same way as UK. Fact being few disgruntled youth hanging about the streets here. Nobody in the streets here for that matter. Doesn't mean not considerable violence though. WE don't have a tabloid press that exploits every incident and gets off on pushing stories of negativity. But some may recall the gang of girls going on a rampage a few days ago in the southern suburbs, bashing people and entering a medical centre creating further violence, or the gang fight that got members of the public involved as well or the nurse that was stabbed at RPH .....certainly violence happening out there.
Why do you live in Perth?

Seeing as you asked, I'm here because I really enjoy living here. I make great money, live in a really nice house in a beautiful location, my son is thriving in a top school and overall I have a great lifestyle and enjoy a high standard of living

So, over to you - why are you here?

Last edited by Amazulu; May 27th 2019 at 2:12 pm.
Old May 27th 2019, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Acknowledging that one swallow does not a summer make I was nevertheless quite shocked to learn that my nephew (6' & 16 years) has been mugged twice in the last 6 months, in Melbourne centre, in daylight, once in a shopping mall & then again at a tram stop.
Old May 28th 2019, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Why do you live in Perth?

Seeing as you asked, I'm here because I really enjoy living here. I make great money, live in a really nice house in a beautiful location, my son is thriving in a top school and overall I have a great lifestyle and enjoy a high standard of living

So, over to you - why are you here?
Why a daft question to pose? Why do I live in Perth? How about because it is home? Doesn't mean it wrong to comment on the social angst happening all around this city. Then again for you I expect the options are limited. Losing one country and finding it hard to adjust to UK, hardly surprising in middle age you accept your lot and make the best of it. Also of course rather mercenary , as pay scale lower low on own reckoning in recent times a return to better earning UK or US was flouted. Which begs the question why always so defensive. A whole lot of things go on here in Perth, besides your or my fortunate ability to live a decent lifestyle. A lot was luck and timing, not so easy to obtain as in previous times and economic climate prevailing.

Last edited by the troubadour; May 28th 2019 at 12:22 am.
Old May 28th 2019, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Acknowledging that one swallow does not a summer make I was nevertheless quite shocked to learn that my nephew (6' & 16 years) has been mugged twice in the last 6 months, in Melbourne centre, in daylight, once in a shopping mall & then again at a tram stop.
Our friends brothers sixteen year old son was stabbed to death ,almost five years ago now ,in a brawl at a birthday party that got out of hand when intruders forced entry. A New Zealand fellow I knew (since left state) was stabbed (arm, shoulder and neck) late at night at Cannington train station, (two and a half years ago plus)after being confronted by three blokes wanting to rob him. He fought back and that was the result. He was extremely fit, so was able to out run his attackers before collapsing and luckily taken to hospital. Not sure about the first, but the second was considered to be drug induced .
Old May 28th 2019, 9:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like not that much difference in crime rates, https://www.nationmaster.com/country...United-Kingdom.
Old May 28th 2019, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Where can you not get drugs? Singapore?

Canada was the easiest place by a country mile.
Old May 29th 2019, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
Where can you not get drugs? Singapore?

Canada was the easiest place by a country mile.
Its not where you can't get drugs, it is the misconception by many that a city such as Perth is somehow devoid of drugs and violence owing to its deceiving (I suppose) initial appearance.
The case being drugs are very obtainable in Perth and a considerable scene revolves around it. Country WA as well.
On what grounds was Canada easiest? You mean you had no trouble scoring so speaking from personal experience? Connected with area somehow in law enforcement or drug prevention or hospital/medical/ social work/prison services ? No. So how so?