Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ping Pong Back to Oz

Ping Pong Back to Oz

Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

deborahjg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ping Pong Back to Oz

Just wondered if anyone is on there way back to Oz after returning to the UK?

We lived in Perth for 5 years before returning in 2009. Returning back in March this year.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Matildapommie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ping Pong Back to Oz

We want to go to Sydney , we lived in Melbourne for a short while and returned home for many reason's. Did we regret it?? yes but can not change the past. Now we can only really live in Sydney , but it just seems really dear and may just have to give up the hope. So I am a kinda ping-pong and its a nightmare.
Good Luck
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:05 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deborahjg

We lived in Perth for 5 years before returning in 2009. Returning back in March this year.
Originally Posted by Matildapommie
We want to go to Sydney , we lived in Melbourne for a short while and returned home for many reason's. Did we regret it?? yes but can not change the past. Now we can only really live in Sydney , but it just seems really dear and may just have to give up the hope. So I am a kinda ping-pong and its a nightmare.
Good Luck
Why do you want to return? It would be interesting to hear your stories
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Matildapommie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri
Why do you want to return? It would be interesting to hear your stories
We returned due a very sick child, my grandad had a bad stroke and my uncle died in a accident. Thats the reasons for leaving and would say it was my fault could not deal with it all ran back home to my family.

So for us we feel we did not give it a really go , I also should of done the Australian thing along time ago but just did not have drive in me, like I do now. Your along time dead and I have a chance to live on the otherside of the world .I still think that it is a great place for bringing up children, but now I am worried that wages, rent prices will make it hard for us to live in Sydney. And we have worked really hard to get back what we lost first time round. , that's why I am gutted I rushed to the UK.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:05 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matildapommie
And we have worked really hard to get back what we lost first time round. , that's why I am gutted I rushed to the UK.

If you've done it once, you can do it again

Good luck
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Yes!

We lived in Perth for 4 years moved back Dec 2009 . just booked our one way flights for March 8th.

I think it's something we needed to do , i know we won't be pinging any longer .
Good luck to you.

Dave
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you have citizenship, or a valid resident return visa?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

We returned because I was still homesick after 5 years (the rest of the family okay) and I really wanted to be back in the UK. As it turns out we moved back but to the other end of the country (we are in Devon) and our family in Sheffield so only get to see parents a couple of times a year which is the same as we were doing living out in Perth!

Our children (now aged 19, 17 and 11) always wanted to return to Perth and are so happy we are going back.

Here have enjoyed ourselves but find the cost of living high, weather damp and cold and to top it all my Husband just been made redundant. Not much chance of any work now over here especially where we are living and don't want to re-locate to any other part of the UK. Decided work options are much better in Perth and better chance of a job.

My Daughter was refused entry to University here as she had been out of the country for a few years so could not go this October and would not be allowed in until we had lived back over here for over 3 years so she would be sat twiddling her thumbs when she has an offer of a place at Uni in Perth now so for her it is better for her to be there too.

We will miss a lot of things here. Do worry about parents getting ill etc and being so far away from them. School for my other two has been fantastic here and I think education having experienced both places is far better in the UK but son did so much more sport over in Perth which he has missed a lot here that he has that to look forward to and also we know (and not boasting here) but our children will be in front education wise when they return.

Sad to leave this area which is lovely but all in all I think as a family we will be much happier once settled again in Perth and this time it has to be for good!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Good luck to you Deb , i totally hear where you're coming from .

I personally don't buy the education is better in one place than the other - they are very different systems that focus on different things . At the end of the day the T.Es are no easier than GCSE's - i've taught them both.

Which suburb are you going to ?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

We are going back to Mindarie. We did at first live in Rossmoyne but children liked Mindarie much better.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Nice - I'm looking forward to a White beer from the Indie Bar .
I was just thinking today how we used to sit at the Dome with a coffee with the occasional dolphin appearance.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Did you sell up there before you left?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yes , we had a house at Quinns but didn't particularly like the area , mindaries nice though
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

We sold our house in Mindarie so starting off again. Will rent first there. Leaving our house here up for rent as no point in selling and taking the money over with the exchange rate so rubbish at the moment.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Our children (now aged 19, 17 and 11) always wanted to return to Perth and are so happy we are going back.
Where will your other 2 go to school, deborah?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.