Pickled Onions

Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:29 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pickled Onions

Being born and bred (strong in the arm and fick in the ed) a westcountry lad i need regular intakes of both pickled onions and pickled eggs (packet of salt and vinegar crisps - ahh memories of youth....) anyway i friend of mine recently told me that he hasnt seen so much as a sniff in the local supermarkets over there - please tell me he is 'aving a laugh !!!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pickled Onions

Definitely definitely you can get your pickled onion supplies - supermarkets have loads. Pickled eggs - don't know - I know that you don't see the large jars in chip shops like you do in the UK. Might be time to start pickling your own??!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Pickled eggs are available, but very scarce.
I think I have only seen them in a handful of shops in my 16 years here, but none in QLD, so far.

I ended up pickling them myself

Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:06 pm
I'd rather be Buzz!!

SylvieKid is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mum does some wicked pickled onions - she puts in various spices as well as chillies!?!? Fabbo! And they blow yer bloomin' head off too!! Unfortunately they're not in any Ozzie supermarkets as yet but I'll have a word with her and see if she can ramp up productiona tad??
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Pandanda is on a distinguished road

There are pickled onions in the supermarkets as far as I know. I never had them when I was a kid at school, but lots of other kids used to bring them in their lunch boxes. We used to draw black spots on them with texta and pretend they were eyes
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:03 am
ABCDiamond

Tasmanian Pickled Onions

Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:13 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get all kinds of pickled onions here....even cocktail onions which are all pretty colours like red, green and yellow and they are a little sweeter than your average pickled onion.

Having mainly grown up in Victoria, in my experience you can get them in most good fish & chip shops too. Mainly the ones owned by the Greeks or Italians....after all, they make the BEST fish & chips in Oz!!

I have never seen or had pickled eggs...but then I have never looked for them as to me, they sound bloody aweful!!! However, for your sake I hope they are available

Hels
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:24 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heaps of pickled onions, but as others have mentioned, I havent ever seen pickled eggs.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:05 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Heaps of pickled onions, but as others have mentioned, I havent ever seen pickled eggs.
Cheers all - phew - i shall ask my agent to continue with my application
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

My sister reckons she has seen piccled eggs in some delis. She also rates the Tasmanian pickled onions (pictured by ABC) very highly, others are too sweet she reckons.

Katie
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about

Just to reassure you again, I sat last night with a glass of vino, cheese and biscuits and 1/2 dozen chilli pickled onions. I used to love Garners shallots but these here take some beating. And they're from Coles!!! I get through a jar a week.

Nice breath!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:23 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Being born and bred (strong in the arm and fick in the ed) a westcountry lad i need regular intakes of both pickled onions and pickled eggs (packet of salt and vinegar crisps - ahh memories of youth....) anyway i friend of mine recently told me that he hasnt seen so much as a sniff in the local supermarkets over there - please tell me he is 'aving a laugh !!!!!!

the bottom line is, IMO picked onions/eggs from supermarkets here are crap. best bet is like me to get yer own onions, make yer own brine and pickle 'em for a few months... mmm lovely!!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wargod
Just had two little 'uns funnily enough, tasted OK to me ... el-cheapo home-brand too ... bargain!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by NJJ
the bottom line is, IMO picked onions/eggs from supermarkets here are crap. best bet is like me to get yer own onions, make yer own brine and pickle 'em for a few months... mmm lovely!!
Which Supermarkets have you seen the Pickled Eggs in ? I've never been able to find them in Supermarkets, but always look just in case.

Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:37 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Which Supermarkets have you seen the Pickled Eggs in ? I've never been able to find them in Supermarkets, but always look just in case.

pickled eggs I bought once from a grocers' in melbourne (glen waverley area IIRC) they were passable but nothing special. admitidly I cannot remember seeing picked eggs in any of the major supermarkets though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.