physiotherapy

Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default physiotherapy

Our youngest son received an injury at kick boxing the other week.......and has been referred for physio. by our doctor. He has regular sessions at $48 per session, with no assistance from medicare. Can anyone tell me if we can offset this at the end of the tax year?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:19 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: physiotherapy

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Our youngest son received an injury at kick boxing the other week.......and has been referred for physio. by our doctor. He has regular sessions at $48 per session, with no assistance from medicare. Can anyone tell me if we can offset this at the end of the tax year?
Can he get a referral to the physio in the local hospital ? When I broke my ankle, that's what happened to me, and it cost nothing.

The Tax offset only applies to total medical costs exceeding $1,500 in the year. You then get 20% of the excess as a tax offset.

Are you sure Medicare don't pay anything ?

Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Yep, it is a private clinic in a health centre. i never took him to the doctors, mick did. . That says it all!!! He was handed a leaflet and old to 'book an appointment'. I might nip to the docs myself in the morning just to see if he can haev a hospital referal
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:23 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yep, it is a private clinic in a health centre. i never took him to the doctors, mick did. . That says it all!!! He was handed a leaflet and old to 'book an appointment'. I might nip to the docs myself in the morning just to see if he can haev a hospital referal
Even though it is to a Private Clinic, you may be able to take the receipts etc to Medicare, and get something back.

It's worth checking it out, as most things are able to be claimed for at least a % .

Old Feb 14th 2006, 12:43 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Even though it is to a Private Clinic, you may be able to take the receipts etc to Medicare, and get something back.

It's worth checking it out, as most things are able to be claimed for at least a % .
Doubt it for physio (& a range of other services if you want to go private), that's why so many people have private health insurance.

If you get a referral through the public system at the hospital you will probably find that you have a wait.