That phonecall

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default That phonecall

Well got the phone call yesterday to say dad's in hospital, Mum says minor stroke but not convinced. Would have happily raced to Brisbane and boarded that flight home.
Spoke and cried with freinds and finally made it to work after i got a grip and a handle on the situation. Spoke to Dad last night who sounded good but then he hates it when i panic and is a great story teller. Told me the low down and that he needs an MRI and that he's had a bleed on the Brain and still getting headaches (he can't lie to his little princess), They'll discuss his options when they have the MRI results
Dilema - do i get on that flight, wait for the results of the MRI. To top it off Mum and Sis due in September now looking at cancelling.

Jane
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:35 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: That phonecall

Im so sorry to hear your bad news, i know it hard when loved ones are so far away. I don't think anyone would be able to answer your question of whether you get on that plane or you wait it out until your dad gets his results. The only person who can answer that is you... which i know doesn't help.. sorry

Personally if it was my mum, (no dad in my life) i would be there at the drop of a hat, i wouldn't give it a second thought. But thats just me.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If it were my mother (no dad) I'd probably stay here so I'm afraid I'm no use except to say you may be better off asking your parents what they think. He's obviously in the right place and getting the right treatment and he sounds as though he's ok at the mo - talking, joking etc. Can your mum and sister not postpone their trip until later and then bring him with them?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

Personally, I would wait for the results before doing anything. If it does indeed turn out to be only a minor issue then you've have wasted a few thousand dollars, and had to mess about with getting time off work etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi

Can't do anything tonight but am calling tomorrow morning to find the results, best mate in UK pulling some strings so results avail quicker (great freind and i owe here a lot) my Dad will let me know then have spoken to mum and she thinks he'll be out Sunday.

Jane
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:48 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi

Can't do anything tonight but am calling tomorrow morning to find the results, best mate in UK pulling some strings so results avail quicker (great freind and i owe here a lot) my Dad will let me know then have spoken to mum and she thinks he'll be out Sunday.

Jane

Fingers crossed that he's ok
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Well got the phone call yesterday to say dad's in hospital, Mum says minor stroke but not convinced. Would have happily raced to Brisbane and boarded that flight home.
Spoke and cried with freinds and finally made it to work after i got a grip and a handle on the situation. Spoke to Dad last night who sounded good but then he hates it when i panic and is a great story teller. Told me the low down and that he needs an MRI and that he's had a bleed on the Brain and still getting headaches (he can't lie to his little princess), They'll discuss his options when they have the MRI results
Dilema - do i get on that flight, wait for the results of the MRI. To top it off Mum and Sis due in September now looking at cancelling.

Jane
Sorry to hear your news. I wish your dad well.

Someone suggested on here a while ago to that you can ask your relatives to give permission for you so speak to doctors directly.

I am definately going to do this if I am ever in the situation that may require it.

My family always like to do what they think is best for other people. They would probably say something like. Don't worry I'm alright etc (behind that is don't worry her lets wait and see, it won't change anything).

I've already lost my dad so I would probably return home for a few reasons but one of the strongest is that I feel I would want to support my mum or brother if so they wouldn't be on their own in a stressful situation.

Good luck. I hope the results are positive. Big hugs.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

GREAT NEW'S DAD'S HOME
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:04 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT NEW'S DAD'S HOME
Fabulous news and I'm sure it's a great relief. Hope everything is OK and your dad gets stronger each day
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

GREAT NEW'S DAD'S HOME
Brilliant. Phew!!!