Reload this Page >

Perth Work Situation

Perth Work Situation

Old Oct 11th 2002, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

MARTINIUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Work Situation

Hi everyone

New to the forum and have been thoroughly entertained by the posts on this forum - especially PB's - Ive nearly wet myself a few times - this guy deserves his own stand up show!!
I worked out in Perth and Sydney in the early 1990's and thoroughly enjoyed it and am thinking of returning on a more permanent basis. I wondered what the current job situation is like in Perth. My background is Petrochemical/Mining/Offshore
design engineering. I did this last time I was there and did contract work and the rates were A$30 per hour for designers.
Anyone know the current rates for Designers and Engineers and whether it's busy or not? I know work in this area in Perth can go quiet for a while and have heard of people taking contracts in Adelaide, Melbourne etc because Perth was quiet

Thanks

Martinius
Old Oct 14th 2002, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Kendoddsdadsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Work Situation

I've a feeling that it will be easier to get a placement out in the
country (Pilbarra, Dampier etc) rather than in the City - and the rates are usually better too. Would also be interested in any info on hourly rates too - engineering and IT if possible.