Age Limits

Old Oct 12th 2002, 9:57 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 6
jandj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Age Limits

I have been offered a job in Melbourne by an employer who has offered to sponsor me through the employer nomination route to obtain a PR visa.

I have received conflicting advice concerning the age limits for this route. I am 47 and have been told that the normal age limits of 45 for skilled migration will not apply if the application for an Employer nominated visa is succesful.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Thanks
jandj is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2002, 5:45 am
  #2  
Jaj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Age Limits

There is also an age bar of 45 for Employer Nomination visas.
It can be waived in exceptional circumstances. You and your employer
need to speak to a migration agent who specialises in that area (and
is experienced in it) as soon as possible.

Jeremy

    >On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:57:41 +0000, jandj wrote:
    >I have been offered a job in Melbourne by an employer who has offered to
    >sponsor me through the employer nomination route to obtain a PR visa.
    >I have received conflicting advice concerning the age limits for this
    >route. I am 47 and have been told that the normal age limits of 45 for
    >skilled migration will not apply if the application for an Employer
    >nominated visa is succesful.
    >Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
    >Thanks
    >--
    >J and J
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 
Old Oct 13th 2002, 7:08 am
  #3  
Ex Mod (2002-2005)
 
ptlabs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 5,464
ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age Limits

http://www.dima.gov.au/allforms/emp-ens.htm

Under "Requirements for visa nominee", it's stated that 45 is the upper age limit for ENS visa applicants.

Peter


Originally posted by jandj:
I have received conflicting advice concerning the age limits for this route. I am 47 and have been told that the normal age limits of 45 for skilled migration will not apply if the application for an Employer nominated visa is succesful.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
ptlabs is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2002, 11:21 am
  #4  
Heading for Adelaide ASAP
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Lancashire UK
Posts: 72
empyrean is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Age Limits

Hi

I posted a question to this effect a couple of weeks ago - I've been offered work in Sydney but I'm 52 - unfortunately no-one replied to my post. I did wonder whether or not Alan Collett the immigration consultant would know the answer but even he hasn't responded. I shall watch your post with interst!!
empyrean is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2002, 1:54 pm
  #5  
Ex Mod (2002-2005)
 
ptlabs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 5,464
ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age Limits

Originally posted by empyrean:
I posted a question to this effect a couple of weeks ago - I've been offered work in Sydney but I'm 52 - unfortunately no-one replied to my post. I did wonder whether or not Alan Collett the immigration consultant would know the answer but even he hasn't responded. I shall watch your post with interst!!
I thought I just answered with a link to the relevant DIMIA page above. Perhaps free amateur help isn't what you're looking for.

Peter
ptlabs is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2002, 2:05 pm
  #6  
Heading for Adelaide ASAP
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Lancashire UK
Posts: 72
empyrean is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Age Limits

Hey what are you getting so shirty for?? I was responding to the person who asked the question. I have (like I'm sure that person has) seen the "rules" you pointed out, I think what we were asking is if it is ever overruled or is ti really a showstopper.

Surely there are enough negative people on this site without you responding like that to a perfectly innocent posting.
empyrean is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2002, 10:01 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 6
jandj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Age Limits

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Jaj:
There is also an age bar of 45 for Employer Nomination visas.
It can be waived in exceptional circumstances. You and your employer
need to speak to a migration agent who specialises in that area (and
is experienced in it) as soon as possible.

Jeremy


Thanks for the reply.


Can you give any indication of what constitutes "Exceptional Circumstances".

And does this happen very often.
jandj is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2002, 1:27 pm
  #8  
Jaj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Age Limits

    >On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:01:00 +0000, jandj wrote:
    >Originally posted by Jaj:
    >> There is also an age bar of 45 for Employer Nomination visas.
    >> It can be waived in exceptional circumstances. You and your employer
    >> need to speak to a migration agent who specialises in that area (and
    >> is experienced in it) as soon as possible.
    >> Jeremy
    >> Thanks for the reply.
    >> Can you give any indication of what constitutes "Exceptional
    >> Circumstances".


If your employer is a big company (ie exports a lot, or employs a lot
of Australians) and can show that you are absolutely critical to their
business development, that might be 'exceptional'


    >> And does this happen very often.

By definition, the answer is no it doesn't happen very often. It
wouldn't be 'exceptional' if it did.

You're not going to get any further asking questions here on this
precise subject - you need a good agent specialising in employer
nomination cases looking after your case.


Jeremy
 
Old Oct 14th 2002, 1:41 pm
  #9  
Sdw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Age Limits

I've read that there are sometimes exceptions made to the 45 rule, if
you are a senior person who can mentor younger Australians and they
cannot find a younger person with your skills they will make an
exception for an over 45 candidate.

jandj wrote in message news:...
    > I have been offered a job in Melbourne by an employer who has offered to
    > sponsor me through the employer nomination route to obtain a PR visa.
    > I have received conflicting advice concerning the age limits for this
    > route. I am 47 and have been told that the normal age limits of 45 for
    > skilled migration will not apply if the application for an Employer
    > nominated visa is succesful.
    > Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
    > Thanks
 
Old Oct 14th 2002, 2:45 pm
  #10  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,405
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age Limits

Hello there ... I see my name mentioned so feel I should respond, although only to say that this is probably one of those specific questions that may well be unique to you and your occupation.

As such I'm not able to answer without reporting to you directly, which in turn means we would need to agree fees ...

Best regards.



Originally posted by empyrean:
Hi

I posted a question to this effect a couple of weeks ago - I've been offered work in Sydney but I'm 52 - unfortunately no-one replied to my post. I did wonder whether or not Alan Collett the immigration consultant would know the answer but even he hasn't responded. I shall watch your post with interst!!
Alan Collett is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.