Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth validation trip..Pt 1.Weather

Perth validation trip..Pt 1.Weather

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth validation trip..Pt 1.Weather

Having just returned from a 3-week validation trip to Perth Oz these are my personal feelings and findings.

Part 1 .Weather

Beautiful clear blue skies.
Temperatures did reach a record high of 41c( for March) and stayed around this mark for approx 4 days.
Very hot and not too humid.
Nice for us as we were there relaxing on holiday not having to work in these temperatures.
We were able to keep cooling off in the pool or sea.

The beauty of it is is that everywhere you go is air conditioned.
When you are shopping in the malls it feels lovely but as soon as you walk outside the heat hits you.
The steering wheel of the car that we hired was too hot to touch at times , I almost burnt my fingers.
As we left(beginning of April) the temp was approx mid 20s during the day and dropping to around about 12-14c at night.
Blankets were on at night and some were even contemplating getting the heaters out for those cooler mornings!
I think that air conditioning is a necessity out there and even better would be the reverse cycle a/c for those cooler winter nights & mornings although I was informed that this is more expensive to install and maintain.

To follow
Part 2.Transport& Driving
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yup the kids have their fleece blankets on the beds, over their quilts, and we have the electric small heater going first thing in the morning. The other nite i had a shower i was frooze when i got out so had to put socks on. Grief think we are acclimatizing lovely . But its so lovely in the day when its around 23 i have to say. Been really humid today, but still nice.
Joanne
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

A warm one today at 32 according to the car. Overcast which was great as I was doing the garden before the quarterly rental inspection. Strange that my gardening efforts fall into a quartely cycle too
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jopaulss
Yup the kids have their fleece blankets on the beds, over their quilts, and we have the electric small heater going first thing in the morning. The other nite i had a shower i was frooze when i got out so had to put socks on. Grief think we are acclimatizing lovely . But its so lovely in the day when its around 23 i have to say. Been really humid today, but still nice.
Joanne
Yeah it certainly does get cooler at night and early mornings ,hubby wished he had packed his slippers and his long pyjamas( proper romantic).
He'd kill me if he knows I've told you this.
Fortunately he doesn't use the forums

Diane
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Yeah it certainly does get cooler at night and early mornings ,hubby wished he had packed his slippers and his long pyjamas( proper romantic).
He'd kill me if he knows I've told you this.
Fortunately he doesn't use the forums

Diane
I'm going to have to dust off the gas heater and get some wood for the stove after we get back form Exmouth...