Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ETA visitors visa ?

ETA visitors visa ?

Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Question ETA visitors visa ?

Bit of a daft question:
We are going to the gold coast in May, and me and the missus have our "ETA", I have since been told we didn't need a visa for a 21/2 week holiday?
I thought you did no matter how long you were visiting for, and also do we need to obtain a separate ETA for each of our 3 children: aged 3,6,11. If travelling with us.

I have searched the forum but not really conclusive.

Sorry for the daft question
Old Apr 5th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA visitors visa ?

Originally posted by Dicko
Bit of a daft question:
We are going to the gold coast in May, and me and the missus have our "ETA", I have since been told we didn't need a visa for a 21/2 week holiday?
I thought you did no matter how long you were visiting for, and also do we need to obtain a separate ETA for each of our 3 children: aged 3,6,11. If travelling with us.

I have searched the forum but not really conclusive.

Sorry for the daft question
We have had to apply for a ETA for each of us on each of our holidays to Oz regardless of the length of holiday. If your children are on your passports then I would imagine they are covered.
this covers most of the questions
http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/visiting/visiting01.htm

Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:00 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone barring Aussies needs a visa to get into Australia. Kiwis can get their Special Category Visa on arrival.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I must add that an ETA gives you a 90 day visitors visa on arrival in Australia. The ETA is valid for multiple entries up to a year from issuance.